Problems with Blood (Ultimate Blood 'n Dirt for Genesis 3)

SeraSera Posts: 1,675

I recently got both of these (one for males and one for females), but they are both having issues.

For the male item, the blood looks too dark, doesn't look wet like it does in the promos, and also looks like it's embedded underneath the skin. The "fixes" included change the skin I'm using to the skin the PA included with the package. 

For the female, the gloss is also wrong, and the "fixes" included change the look of the skin I'm using, to the point where it's not recognizable. 

I'm using the LIE presets in both, and have had no luck with the geoshell either. 

Can anyone help? 

Here is the "as is" LIE preset for the guys. I was able to manually brighten the blood some (not shown), but I had no luck trying to get the gloss or SSS fixed though!

Here is what the female version looks like after I tried using some of the fixes... It's definitely not the look I was going for! (Ignore the male skin tone in this one- after applying a "fix" to it, it reverted to the PA's included skin tone, which is also not what I wanted)

I opened a ticket, but if anyone could help me fix it myself instead, that would be greatly appreciated!!! Alternatively, if anyone knows of a good blood product, I would also be interested in that.

I tried making my own blood decals, and they were alright, but the promos for this looked sooo much better. Part of the problem I had with making my own textures was just getting the blood smear/splatter to look right. Maybe someone knows of a good photoshop brush set?

(Edited to add Links)

Post edited by Sera on

Comments

• Darn. I was hoping you'd gotten an answer to this as I'm struggling with it myself. I imagine I don't understand how to user the geoshell, layers and materials, but...

• I never got it fixed. I just ended up returning it. From what I could see, it only looked good with the included skins, which wasn't what I wanted.