How to remove animation and keep only last state of scene ?

Is there a way to set the last state of an animation as keyframe 0 ?

E.g. multiple items in the scene (figures, props, lights, cameras) have various keyframes at various keyframe positions.

I now like to keep the latest poses etc. states of all the items but all at frame 0 and with deleted animations.

Reason is that it seems loading and saving is quicker without the stored animation information.

I tried with memorizing figures etc. at the latest frame and then deleting the animation item by item but that is tidious.

Is there a more easy "one click" solution?

Comments

• You can select all in the scene then use the Clear Animation commands in the timeline option menu - the lined/hamburger button in the top corner, or right-click the tab - to remove all of the animation in one click. Not a one-click solution, but a lot faster than zeroing each item in turn.

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
    edited February 2021

I'm not clear on how to implement this. If I select all items in an animation on the last timeline frame, then Select Children and go to Clear Animation. it gives me multiple choices. So far the ones I've tried are Clear Selected Item(s) and Clear Selected Item(s) Pose. In both cases, it seems to set ALL values to their defaults. Every item and figure is set to default pose and positioned at 0, 0, 0 and all keys are deleted from the timeline.

What the OP seems to need, and what I need, is to preserve the state of the last timeline frame, but delete the keys of all preceding frames, and then a way to delete all those preceding frames so we're left with a scene with a single frame that is identical to what had been the last frame in the original animation.

I have seen another method using Edit > Object > Memorize > Memorize Selected Item(s) and Edit > Object > Restore > Restore Selected Item(s), then reducing the # of Timeline frames to 1... which works exactly as I described above but it has the undesired side effect of over-writing the parameter and morph slider default values with the current values.

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on
  • AnimAnim Posts: 241

@mikethe3dguy

yes, that's what I am after as well. On top of your description the Memorize -> Delete Animation -> etc. workaround does also reset all dforce items, but I like to keep dforce calculations.

• This is exactly the kind of thing that keeps me away from actually trying to animate in Daz rather than just using it for dForce. Even then it's a PITA. Not sure why simple functions like this are impossible.

• Xen2kXen2k Posts: 78

Bringing back this topic, I seriously hope that DAZ is working on improvements for the animation UI. It's far from intuitive...

Unfortunately Dforce can be literally explosive in some cases and animations are the only solution then.
    But once you add animations to a scene it's basically impossible to delete them after simulations are done without screwing up the whole scene.

I don't understand why there isn't any option to delete all frames except the last one in one step and without affecting morphs or default values.

(Saving a scene with animations increases the file size and loading times quite a bit. So there is a logical reason why users want to remove them after the scene has been finalized.)

• Xen2kXen2k Posts: 78

tfis said:

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjunanimatewholescene

Thanks, I may give this a try. But based on the script code (see below the relevant line) I assume it will still cause the default values to be changed in all affected sliders. These "corrupted defaults" are really annoying when using a scene as the basis for a new one where posing is involved again.

var funcA = mgr.findAction( "DzMemorizeSelectedItemsAction" );

• functionfunction Posts: 279

tfis said:

Thanks, and thank mCasual, it really works, much easier than the 'save pose preset' method. 

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

tfis said:

I tried this and it did exactly what I wanted it to do although I wasn't sure it would from the description. I had a 71 frame animation but I wanted to save the scene as a single frame (the final frame - frame 71). So I  moved the timeline to the final frame and ran the script and - yes - I now have a scene of with everything as it is at frame 71 but no animation (so all 71 frames are the same as the last frame). Next I reset the frame count to 1 and saved it. Now I have a scene with a starting point of the previous frame 71 for an new animation.

• copy keys from frame you like and paste to frame 1, then delete all after frame 1?
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,482

the_untold said:

copy keys from frame you like and paste to frame 1, then delete all after frame 1?

I often have problems copy/pasting frames on the DAZ timeline. Deleting frames is worse - it just doesn't work for me. The method using Casual's script is quick and simple and does exactly what I want.

• This scipt REALLY WORKS! Thanks so much to MCasual for doing this.

• Pickle RendererPickle Renderer Posts: 236
    edited February 2023

The trick is to make sure you don't press the delete key as that will delete your object (!), use the delete keys button at the bottom of the timeline.  It's disabled if the thing you're deleting isn't in the selection (sometimes).  Otherwise, if you've got pose-to-pose with keys on different frames, you can just save the pose at the final frame (if you want to include shaping and pose, save a properties preset), delete everything from the timeline except frame 0, then apply the preset.

Post edited by Pickle Renderer on
  • scnupagescnupage Posts: 0

Whoever you are McJ, That script is amazing! Thanks so much