Beard distorts because of character morphs/DAZ Studio beard problems

Hello All,

Have spent a lot of time (days) trying to find the answer to this.

This is a character with a lot of morphs on it.

I added a beard. The specific type of beard does not seem to matter here, but, it is the 'Ryanno beard'.

I tested other long beards and the same distortion happens, so, don't think it is the beard.

The beard is distorted when it should not be. You can see this in the man wth the hat in the foreground.

If I take it and put it on Genesis 8 with no shaping on it, the beard is fine. You can see that in the character in the background.

This problem is caused by morph/shapes.

Can I make the beard not be affected by the morphs? If so, how?

Also, is there anyone on here that knows DAZ well that I could hire to ask a variety of questions to?

This would include being able to answer questions about moving models back and forth between Zbrush and DAZ and Maya and DAZ.

I have used DAZ for about three years. If so, private message me to set that up.

Thank you. :-D

A-Beard-compare-1b.jpg
2200 x 2200 - 2M
Post edited by visionaryart38 on

Comments

• You can block all morphs, that aren't currently in the item, from projecting into areas of a fitted item with a Rigidity Map - switch to the Geometry Editor tool, use the Tool Settings pane to put it into Vertex Selection mode, select vertices, and right-click>Geometry Assignment>Create Rigidity Group (you can also set reference vertices which would then control how the rigid area behaved, using some on the chin might work here).

Alternatively you can block certain morphs while elaving others free to project by creating a new property in the beard with the same name as the morph - DS will then not try to create a new morph. That obviously  requires that you work out which morphs are causing the issue, get their named from the Parameter Settings dialogue (the gear icon on the slider), then load your beard without fitting it, right-click in the Parameters pane and put it in Edit mode (if it isn't), then right-click>Create New Property asnd give it the name of oen of the morphs you need to block.

• visionaryart38visionaryart38 Posts: 9
    edited February 2021

Neither of these solutions worked for me. I may not have done them correctly because I have not needed to work with those tools before in DAZ.

If anyone is available for a quick (paid) Zoom/Skype with me to go over this, that would be awesome. :-D

Post edited by visionaryart38 on