How to get default Genesis 8.1 skin textures?

Hi

i have changed the skintextures on the new Genesis 8.1 Base Female but i want to go back to the default textures.

how do i get the default textures again?

thanks

Comments

• Reinstall the figure. Or, once can find the zip folder in the Product Library and manually download it. Unzip and look through the textures folder for what is needed.

• Changed the maps, or chnaged the material settings? There is a preset for restoring the defaults, in the Content Library pane under Daz Studio Formats>Content Directory>People>Genesis 8 Female>Materials>Base Materials>Iray if the maps are still the same.

• Rev2019Rev2019 Posts: 167

Catherine3678ab said:

Reinstall the figure. Or, once can find the zip folder in the Product Library and manually download it. Unzip and look through the textures folder for what is needed.

LOL exactly what i just asked

ok lets start from 0 because there are no clear answeres here

How do i Reinstall the figure?

and HOW do i get the zip folder? 

• Rev2019 said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Reinstall the figure. Or, once can find the zip folder in the Product Library and manually download it. Unzip and look through the textures folder for what is needed.

LOL exactly what i just asked

ok lets start from 0 because there are no clear answeres here

How do i Reinstall the figure?

and HOW do i get the zip folder? 

Well we don't all assume everybody knows zippo about how to get the products they have purchased ;-)

Product Library = in your account. Near the top of the page is the little blue man [indicating you are signed in], click on that. First option "My Account" ... click on that to go to your Account. There is a filter for the Product Library. You need the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials.

Click here: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_42071

Should see this: Genesis 8 Starter Essentials

Scroll down, under Manual Download, click on the green DOWNLOAD ZIP button for:
    Daz Studio  IM00042071-01_Genesis8FemaleStarterEssentials.zip   314 MB

The downloaded zip will be found, presumably, somewhere on your computer - where you download to.

A zip folder is a compressed folder. It needs to be decompressed. This one normally can be decompressed using the Winzip which comes with the OS. 7zip is a free utility that also do that.
    Resulting folder has lots of content in it. Look for the one that says Runtime. In that one is a folder called Textures. In that one is something for Daz 3D ... I am not downloading this to find it. Somewhere in that folder are the skin textures for G8Female.

Next time you edit skins, remember to work on copies, [right-click on original, copy/paste, open the copy in the image editor]. When saving the edited skin, be sure to give it a unique name. [that means a new name nothing else has]

IF you did not actually edit the skin textures, then applying the existing material presets like Richard mentioned would return the figure to its original mats.

• Neo210Neo210 Posts: 4

Richard Haseltine said:

Changed the maps, or chnaged the material settings? There is a preset for restoring the defaults, in the Content Library pane under Daz Studio Formats>Content Directory>People>Genesis 8 Female>Materials>Base Materials>Iray if the maps are still the same.

Thanks. This helps me sometimes.