Genesis 1 genitals

sorakunosorakuno Posts: 68
edited September 2014 in Product Suggestions

Okay so, the topic is a bit embarrassing here goes. I know it's DAZ's policy to only sell genitals as part of Pro bundles and on some characters. so my question is, what products specifically to I have to buy to get the basic male genitals for the original Genesis. I ask because a products i recently bought cannot load certain components without it. I get the message says it needs this file "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Male Genitalia/UV Sets/DAZ 3D/Base/default.dsf
I do have some genitals but it seems I need a specific one for this to work.
Thank you.

Post edited by sorakuno on

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

You'll need either Michael 5 Pro Bundle (or Pro Suite) or the Genesis Victoria Michael Combo Bundle. As far as I know those are the only ways to get the Genesis male genitalia.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933
    edited September 2014

[strike]I'm pretty sure David 5 Pro also includes the genitals. It's the same item if so.[/strike] No, looks as if it's M5 only.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • RLPRLP Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

So I'm expected to re-buy a bunch of stuff I already have to get the rest of the figures. (Gen 1 and 2 Gens.) I guess I'll just stick with using Mike 4 parts and trying to adjust the textures or maybe see if there's a way to re-map the textures that come with most figures to work with Mike 4. Thanks loads DAZ.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933
    edited December 1969

You could try opening a Sales support ticket to ask if they will give you a discount on the bundle for the items you already own. I've no idea whether or not they would, but asking doesn't hurt.

• RLPRLP Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

No. I'll just make do with Mike 4 parts. If DAZ is going to pull something like this they should have a warning on the stand alone figures and the starter bundles, something like a big flashing red sign that says "This is an incomplete product and you can't get the whole thing without buying a bunch of stuff you don't want." Then maybe they wouldn't make some POed customers who think they've been had. I certainly wouldn't have purchased any of the add-ons to the male figures beyond what comes with Studio had I known this.

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206
    edited December 1969

PMFJI... not a priority area of interest for me, although generally speaking it's indeed nice to have figures that appear realistic. One thing that really used to get me about Genesis 1 was the glowing, illuminated nostrils! That seems to have been reduced in G2... anyway I wanted to mention that I've looked at, ah, some other web pages where they do various things -- V4 and M4 are shown engaging in, ah, extra-curricular activities on some sites -- and while I might laud the attempts being made I don't think we're there yet, at least not at this price point. At least the screen shots that vendors use (to sell their products and add-ons) don't look all that great in my opinion. Who knows eh... maybe we don't actually WANT to know, I don't know! :-)

At higher price points... maybe. Some vendors sell things that cost $1,000 -- figures for 3D Studio Max and so on, but that's a whole different category.

When I was just starting out I was bemused to see that Genesis had some, ah, missing parts. Later I was surprised to see that in "Poser Debut" -- which costs around twenty dollars -- you can really wiggle the body parts on one of the included male figures, Jim or James was the name if memory serves.

Only vaguely related btw - did they drop the *dragon* from DS 4.5x, or am I doing something wrong? My latest installation under Win7 64-bit is much better but some things (particularly hair and lots of clothing) didn't install at all. And I don't see the dragon in the Smart Content pane anymore.

As I have Nerd's cave system, it sort of occurred to me that a fire-breathing dragon would be a good character to have.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Roman_K2 said:

Only vaguely related btw - did they drop the *dragon* from DS 4.5x, or am I doing something wrong? My latest installation under Win7 64-bit is much better but some things (particularly hair and lots of clothing) didn't install at all. And I don't see the dragon in the Smart Content pane anymore.

As I have Nerd's cave system, it sort of occurred to me that a fire-breathing dragon would be a good character to have.

Did you install "Genesis Starter Essentials"?

edited December 1969

Duh... I thought I did. I usually do... maybe I'm thrown off because (A) it's generally getting better, which this time around made for lots more things to play around with, and (B) the apparent clothing problem. I don't have very many clothing or hair items but I do have a few, and some of them didn't seem to install. First time with DIM by the way.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Roman_K2 said:
    Duh... I thought I did. I usually do... maybe I'm thrown off because (A) it's generally getting better, which this time around made for lots more things to play around with, and (B) the apparent clothing problem. I don't have very many clothing or hair items but I do have a few, and some of them didn't seem to install. First time with DIM by the way.

If you used the default install location in DIM (in the Public/Shared folders), make sure that that location is listed in DAZ Studio in Window > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager under both DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats.

edited December 1969

Okay... it certainly seems to be in the list on the server side, at any rate.

seems-to-be-in-the-list.jpg
    354 x 600 - 63K
  • NathuadoNathuado Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

I don't understand why some other developer hasn't modeled genitals for Gensis 1 and 2 and sold them separately? Surely it can't be that hard? You can already buy rabbit ears, paws, goat legs, tails and horns for goodness sake. Not that artists can post that level of nudity, but there's still a definite market here.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 2014

Nathuado said:
    I don't understand why some other developer hasn't modeled genitals for Gensis 1 and 2 and sold them separately? Surely it can't be that hard? You can already buy rabbit ears, paws, goat legs, tails and horns for goodness sake. Not that artists can post that level of nudity, but there's still a definite market here.

Genitals for Gen1 are exist and are sold seperatly on a site that I can't name here but it ends with "ica".

Post edited by RCTSpanky on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You can name the site, just not link to it.

• viluvuluviluvulu Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

head over to poseraddicts and seach for "jurg". It's the most realistc pen**.... pencil for genesis 1 males

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Nathuado said:
    The main issue is that the genitals are geografted rather than being a standard 'prop' as it was for Generation 4.

Geografts are special in that they don't simply 'stick on', but they become actual geometry on the figure. This means that when you morph Genesis you also morph the geografts, whether that's turning it into a troll or a bodybuilder. It also means that in order to create a geograft you need to also use part of the original Genesis geometry. Specifically, the outer polygons where the geograft attaches itself to the base figure.

Because of this need to have actual Genesis geometry, it can only be sold on the Daz store. Sites like Renderosity or Renderotica can only sell morphs for the existing geograft gens and separate 'prop' type versions like those which were made for Generation 4. These tend to be a bit more difficult to use and almost invariably use unique textures which can make it difficult to match it with an existing figure without noticeable seams.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 1969

Nathuado said:
    The main issue is that the genitals are geografted rather than being a standard 'prop' as it was for Generation 4.

Because of this need to have actual Genesis geometry, it can only be sold on the Daz store. Sites like Renderosity or Renderotica can only sell morphs for the existing geograft gens and separate 'prop' type versions like those which were made for Generation 4. These tend to be a bit more difficult to use and almost invariably use unique textures which can make it difficult to match it with an existing figure without noticeable seams.

That's not entirely true. Some of the genital figures for Genesis/G2F/G2M sold at Renderotica are actually independent geografts. They require you to have the DAZ genitals only insofar as they depend on the DAZ files for the UV mapping, but other than that, they're separate items, not morphs on the DAZ products.

There ARE morph packages for the DAZ products sold as well, of course. Considerably easier than modeling your own geograft, I should think.