HH Gnasher [Commercial]

Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 587
edited February 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products

It's going to be a year of prehistoric fantasy from me this year. Creatures, characters, outfits, props, and environments. I have six products headed your way during the first quarter and possibly more before the end of the quarter. Let's begin with the Gnasher and two expansive products (textures and poses).

Behold the Gnasher...

The HH Gnasher is a fully rigged, fantasy-based dinosaur. This ferocious carnivore comes with different variations (Head Crest/Horn/Basic), and the horn's length can be adjusted. The Quill Spikes and Saliva are also included add-ons but can be removed if you prefer without. The eyes can be closed too. 

Multiple levels of detail can be changed by adjusting the subdivision levels (0-2) and the differences are shown in one of the store images. Included is a base hierarchical material set that applies to the figure and all add-ons. A bonus preset is also included, adding scars to the figure, which changes the skin texture and turns on the scars morph for extra 3D details.

4 full-body poses are included, as well as their flipped versions (8 total). 

All images were rendered inside Daz Studio using NVIDIA Iray. 

Add a prehistoric flair to your renders with the HH Gnasher!

--------------------

Textures & Poses products are releasing with this one at the same time. Here's a look at the additional textures.

-------------------------------

and soon the the Gnasher will have a worthy opponent... the Colossadon.

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on

Comments

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,312

Love it! Can't wait.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,325

No one - absolutely no one - does Dinosaurs and monsters that come close to Herschel's offspring.  Check out my Deviantart page for loads of renders of his stuff and especially his awesome Wyvern.

Cheers,

Alex.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited February 2021

Dude... that is freakin awesome!

any plans for something like the "Titanboa" ?

Post edited by Chumly on
  • LintonLinton Posts: 541

Epic, in the cart the moment it is out!

Great to see you're back, Herschel!

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Nice add to my collection

• Thanks for the kinds remarks everyone! As regarding a Titanoboa/BFS, it certainly is a strong possibility this year, especially with the prehistoric fantasy theme I have going on. Some other beasties I want to do is a retro style dimetrodon like seen in the original "Journey to the Center of the Earth," a pet-size dino bird, a man-bat (this halloween), ape man, anklylosaurus style dino, a certopsian, prehistoric deer, dodo & terror bird, and a wendigo (this halloween). I know all of that won't happen this year but expect to see some of it.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

You must have a time-machine. This looks way too real :P

• Awesome. Is the Gnasher related to the genetically engineered rex mentioned in your artstation blog?

• ZiconZicon Posts: 184

I can't think of a single thing I would use this for and I still want it.

• ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

Thanks for the kinds remarks everyone! As regarding a Titanoboa/BFS, it certainly is a strong possibility this year, especially with the prehistoric fantasy theme I have going on. Some other beasties I want to do is a retro style dimetrodon like seen in the original "Journey to the Center of the Earth," a pet-size dino bird, a man-bat (this halloween), ape man, anklylosaurus style dino, a certopsian, prehistoric deer, dodo & terror bird, and a wendigo (this halloween). I know all of that won't happen this year but expect to see some of it.

I would LOVE for you to do a Dimetrodon! 

edited February 2021

ziconin_9b28409da2 said:

I can't think of a single thing I would use this for and I still want it.

Buy a copy of Ultrascenery (if you haven't already) and pair it with any of Herschel's large monsters.  It's a match made in heaven.

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • Will the poses include interactions between a dinosaur and a genesis 8 such as fighting or riding? That would be awesome!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,709

This is AWESOME!

If you did a new skin for Reptilian for Genesis 2 Male, I could use him in a scene beside your beasties. Otherwise, only dof can save him.

• cathan01_wwg1wga said:

Awesome. Is the Gnasher related to the genetically engineered rex mentioned in your artstation blog?

Most definitely same one. I'll be adding guns, armor, and cybernetic elements to it as an expansive product when I return to the sci fy genre.

• Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 587
    edited February 2021

dankodanai_0815a7f74f said:

Will the poses include interactions between a dinosaur and a genesis 8 such as fighting or riding? That would be awesome!

No G8 poses in this first pose pack. It's an expansive library of poses for the Gnasher though and incudes quite a few partial poses to quickly modify existing poses or creating new ones.

Q2 of this year I will be doing a handful of G8 prehistoric fantasy stuff so I will probably throw in some interacting poses then.

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

When you absolutely, positively need something gnashed, nothing ... I'm sorry, gnothing ... else will do.

Herschel,

How about a saddle?  Ideally, with poses for both G3F and G8F.

Cheers,

Alex.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 491

Both critters will find a home in my runtime.

I do keep praying you'll tackle a beholder. I desperately need a non-cartoony beholder.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

This would look awesome next to a G8M in Sci-Fi battle armour!

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

Ooh for the terror bird, if there is chocobo style version, I'd be buying it! We need our rideable chickens!

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519

How about a land dragon (riding dragon with no wings) sometime in the future 

DinoRawl (RIP) has one over at Rendo, it is old but looks good TitanoboaDR 3D Models Dinoraul (renderosity.com) 

Chumly said:

Dude... that is freakin awesome!

any plans for something like the "Titanboa" ?

Qick question are there different front claws?  In the pic fighting the Colossadon it looks different?   

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

bytescapes said:

When you absolutely, positively need something gnashed, nothing ... I'm sorry, gnothing ... else will do.

gnashes teeth in horror at the pun(ishing) pun

• +1 for terror bird please!

Also eventually I hope you'd create some saddles and or howdahs for the beasties. Maybe even for some of the older ones like Dakotaraptor; just can imagine them being used as prehistoric or alien planet cavalry with a long lance :)

• I'm still waiting for this release.
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,312

RELEASE THE GNASHER!

It is released! Love it!

Top of next week's shopping list!

Cheers,

Alex.

• ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

Das a big boy!

Bigger version in the gallery

• DiasporaDiaspora Posts: 413

I bought it in a heartbeat, just like all your other reptilian figures. fwiw, any giant reptile/lizard you come out with is an instant sale from me.