Nix8 and some other male faces has slightly distorted

For some reason, my Nix 8 figure isn't loading properly. His eyes have slightly distorted. Some of my other males appear to be experiencing this.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Nix 8 from Daz install manager and even tried Genesis 8 essentials re-install but no luck.

I also tried DB maintenance and reimporting Metadata.

Any idea what is causing this? Nix is my favourite figure and I can't bear to be without him.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,390

At a guess, you have a character saved with a non-zero default value so it loads all the time and "pollutes" all your other characters.

What do you see when you load the default G8M?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    edited February 2021

To fix any ill-behaving morphs, do as follows;

1. Load your base figure or the developer version.
    2. Select "Show Hidden" in the Parameters-Tab, drop down menu (right-click) or Pane Options (Four horizontal lines) -> Preferences -> Show Hidden Properties
    3. Zero the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
    4. Memorize the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
    5. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets

This procedure will zero the default value in the ill-behaving morph/morphs, and while saving DS also shows you a list of the morphs it is changing.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • mnpalamnpala Posts: 56

Many thanks PerttiA for your detailed solution - I have now applied this to all the base figures in Daz Essentials - G8 male basic/developer and G8 female basic/developer. I now have my Nix back and hopefully any other figures male/female that decided to misbehave are brought back into line.

Also thanks to Leana.

What would have changed this? I was posing Nix 2 days ago, didn't use Daz at all yesterday and when I tried to go in earlier - it all went wrong.

I had purchased another G8 male and G8 female both from a non-Daz source. Could these have broken the base G8 figures?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,390
    edited February 2021

mnpala said:

I had purchased another G8 male and G8 female both from a non-Daz source. Could these have broken the base G8 figures?

If the shape for that new male figure was saved with a non-zero default value by mistake that would have cause that problem, yes.

For the record, nothing was actually broken. Morphs are supposed to load with the dial set at whatever is configured as their default value, that's the expected behavior. However character morphs should be saved with a default value of zero, which obviously wasn't the case there.

Post edited by Leana on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    edited February 2021

It's a "rookie" mistake by the creator of the character/morph - When saving a morph or a character-morph, the dials should be set at zero, otherwise they will automatically be applied to each and every character using the same base figure, no matter if it's a new character or one in a scene saved a year ago and never since opened.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • mnpalamnpala Posts: 56

Thank you both Leana and PerttiA.