Materia Meshmaker not working

I've just installed materia by AM, via exe, then via DIM,

but DS gives a writing permission error on the Documents/user/Daz 3d/Studio/MateriaAM

the folder is empty, read only. How to fix it?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,390
    edited February 2021

Try making it not read-only? DS obviously needs to write files there since it gives you a writing permission error.

Also, there's an official thread where the creator has been posting, you might get better answers there: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/452811/released-materia-meshmaker-plug-in#latest

Post edited by Leana on
  • vukiolvukiol Posts: 66

Oh, thanks for the link! I will give a look.

And yes i've tried but it wont change, 100% is something about w10 and not about the plugin

i have the same problem with another program, i saved in the same path for months then w10 decided that the folder need amministratior privilege and i was forced  to change the folder from documents to another HD

but in this case is not just a saving path but something about the software installation so im not that skilled to fix the issue

thank you :)

dunno how but i fixed it, as mentioned before it looks like a w10 issue, but even i browsed and tested every option on the security tab of the folders, apparently without accepting any change...apparently

now its working and probably 1 day i will discover that i messed up something else in my pc :)

thanks for the read only hint

• Sometimes such problems are caused by ownership not being given to the person on the PC. I have had that with zip files I created on a Win7 Pro PC, brought over to Win10 Pro and then tried to open. I couldn't because I didn't have ownership... And then, despite being THE ONLY admin on the PC I couldn't reliably change the ownership. It changed using the Win Explorer tools and then reverted back immediately. I ended up uploading the unzipped files onto a web server, and then downloading them to get the wretched thing to work.

Regards,

Richard

richardandtracy said:

I ended up uploading the unzipped files onto a web server, and then downloading them to get the wretched thing to work.

Regards,

Richard

:D pfff

similar to a solution for this, delete and recreate a folder seems working for someone, i fixed it in another way.

googling around i found that was i windows update that messed up something about permissions.

Even w10 is better in many ways i still miss w7 :)