DAZ Studio crashes propably because of corrupt library. How to find out the problem?

Greetings. I am George new to this forum but old in DAZ.

The reason i am posting this is that my DAZ Studio 4.15 that used to work like a charm, now becomes non responsive and eventually crashes (or remains catatonic for hours) when i am trying to load any Genesis model. When i am loading everything else is just fine. But when i try to load a model it doesnt respond and/or crashes.

I am suspecting that the problem lies with one or more corrupted libraries as right before this problem appeared i loaded quite a few libraries. Now the problem is how to find out which library (or libraries) is responsible for this mess? I have more than 1 TB of libraries and its gonna be a slight problem to check them 1 by 1. Secondly i dont remember which libraries i loaded to my Studio since i transferred these from an external HDD and then wiped it clean.

So any help to locate the problem would be useful. Or any other insight u might have for the problem.

Thanks in advance

George.

Comments

• The only files that are read when you load a Genesis base and the default textures and the contents of the /data/daz 3d/Genesis/ folder(s) in the root of a content directory. The obvious thing to do is move all of those out of the content directories into a placeholder folder, reisntall Genesis Starter Essentials, and see if the base will then load..

• The 1 TB library is on an external HDD so if i just switch to default it should work right?

• Yes, if you mean disconnect the current content library and use another.

• Ok i ll try it out when i get back to my pc. I am on a business trip now.

Any other thoughts on what is causing the problem? Although i am 90% sure that there must be some corrupted library.

P.S. Is there any tool or something that can highlight maybe the problematic files for me?

• I guided my wife through phone to disconnect the external HDD and switch to default libraries and then try to load a Genesis model.

It worked. The model was fully loaded with no faults.

So now its 100% clear that we are dealing with a corrupted/missing elements libraries. And the crucial question is how am i going to find out which are the faulty ones?

Its a pity that 1.11 TB of libraries have been rendered useless from this. Help me salvage it please. I dont want to re-download all of these libraries...

• Still not working. DAZ becomes non responding when i try to load a model and i am force to kill it.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling DAZ but problem remains

This is the log after killing DAZ

Any help plz?

txt
    txt
    log2.txt