Merging a file in 4.15 overwrites existing environment settings

Merging a file in 4.15 overwrites existing environment settings. I guess this is due the new "Environment Options" node in the scene. When I merge a file into my scene to use a figure I earlier created, I just want that figure and have my environment untouched. This was better in earlier versions and made sense.

Comments

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

I don't think it overwrites the existing environment settings. I think it adds them. You can then delete the merged settings after you merge.

• Thanks for your answer. But how so? The merging file dominates the existing. Once I delete the "environmentOptions" node, I am getting the default Dome and Scene settings and my very special settings are gone anyway.

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

I now think you're right about that. Prior to DS 4.15 the first scene's HDRI was maintained when merging and now it is overwritten by the merged scene. All I can think of is to save the scene you want to merge as a scene subset minus the tonemapper and environment settings. I just tried it.

• Yeah, thanks, appears to be the easiest workaround, but sucks.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

If you are mostly using the same settings, you can save those as render presets and it's easy to return the settings back to what you want.

• M-CM-C Posts: 104

I have the same issue.
    I saved all my frequently used characters as scene subsets with the intention to implement them into scenes that I´ve prepared. But now every time I do so the environment settings are overwritten.