Emission, and props as lights question (Solved.)

joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226

Hi:
Here's a question I haven't been able to find an answer to: is it possible to take and older scene (coflek-gnorg's Techno Town- no Iray materials) and convert things like neon signs, streetlgiths, lamps, etc., to actual lights, but retaining their texture maps so things like lit signs look like, well, lit signs? I've been screwing with the Emissive shader, colors and luminance for several hours, and not getting anywhere.

I can make them light up fine, but the texture map is all blown out and unreadable. I've been messing with luminance, base color, and temperature, and just not gettiong anywhere.

Sure would be nice if it's doable.

Thanks,

.. Joe

Post edited by joegerardi on

Comments

• Have you tried applying the base colour map to the Emission Colour?

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

First I apply the Uber shader to make the objects Iray and it shouldn't overwrite the linked texture maps. I then use this to add emissives to the various objects/material zones..... will need adjusting. If you hold down Ctrl while applying the setting the maps should not change (see picture). This is all dependent on having seperate material zones. If your sign doesn't have seperate zones/objects for the bits you want to glow, then you'll have to use the geometry editor to give them seperate zones.

• Mr. Haseltines answer worked perfectly.

Thank you for that.

..Joe