Cannot Log Into DAZ Install Manager

Exactly what it says on the tin. I cannot login into my DAZ Install Manager, and I have no idea what the problem is. Here's a snip showing what happens every time I try.

Screenshot 2021-02-01 003245.png
856 x 645 - 54K

Comments

• If it persists you will need to open a support ticket.

• Richard Haseltine said:

If it persists you will need to open a support ticket.

Something unusual happened. I was working with DAZ Central, and after I did so, I was able to launch DAZ Install Manager again. But it's now listing my account as DAZ Central with my email address, and I'm not seeing a lot of my purchased products in DIM. Would someone mind explaining what the heck is going on?

• There isn't really enough information there - try a step-by-step description of what is happening, with some screen shots.

• Okay. Since DAZ Install Manager wasn't working, I decided to give DAZ Central a go. Figured maybe I'd have better luck. And one of the things it downloaded was an update for DAZ Install Manager. When I saw that DIM was being updated, I decided to give it another try, hoping that whatever update DAZ Central had downloaded would alleviate my problems. When I did so, my account name isn't displayed even though I'm able to access at least some of my products.

When I try to log in using my own name and account, my user name is used as both the name and the email address and the login fails. I am then told that I am unable to login to the specified account and try again.

Screenshot 2021-02-05 074114.png
    855 x 644 - 56K
    Screenshot 2021-02-05 074319.png
    858 x 642 - 54K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,322

The second screenshot, your account name seems to be incomplete - I would expect it to say "OrionPax09 (OrionPax09@__xxx___)" i.e. your complete email address as used to login to the Daz Store.

• MelanieL said:

The second screenshot, your account name seems to be incomplete - I would expect it to say "OrionPax09 (OrionPax09@__xxx___)" i.e. your complete email address as used to login to the Daz Store.

Yes, I've figured out that part. What I can't figure out is how I can complete said incomplete account! Because it used to be complete and worked perfectly fine!

edited February 2021

I think you will need to create a new account (there's a "+" button there somewhere to do that - you may need Advanced Settings to see it) - call it anything you like as only the email address matters. Then switch to use that account. You will need to start DIM in offline mode to do this.

As to how it got broken, I'm sorry I have no idea.

ETA: Once you have a working account listed, you can delete the old incomplete one.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • I checked the advanced settings, and...I didn't even need to do much! I just edited the incomplete account and everything's working now!

I...why didn't I think of this sooner? If it was going to be this simple, why didn't it occur to me to do this right away?

Oh. Right. Because I fuss with things like this so infrequently that I blanked on it. Oi...

Glad you got it sorted out - I didn't know you could just edit the current account, that's even easier than I thought. (I didn't actually have DIM open to check before I posted)