Help with MRL hair displaying in Iray preview mode

Hi all,

I bought this hair; https://www.daz3d.com/mrl-dforce-long-morphing-hair-for-genesis-8-females, which is perfect for the scene I'm working on, but I can't preview it in Iray preview mode. The only way to see how the hair looks is to actually render, which is a bit tedious. Can anyone tell me how to make this show up in Iray preview? Thanks.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

If you in the scene tab select the hair base, and under that select the actual hair, and then go to parameters and under simulation set Preview PR Hair On, and set line tesselation in preview to 2 (I think)

• That worked! You win today's top prize for most helpful. The reward is tem milllion in cach but only if you resond to this comment in the next 2 seconds. Haha. But seriously thanks! I would have never figured this out on my own.

• Db3dDb3d Posts: 248

felis said:

If you in the scene tab select the hair base, and under that select the actual hair, and then go to parameters and under simulation set Preview PR Hair On, and set line tesselation in preview to 2 (I think)

I ran in to the same problem, however, after runing a dForce simulation it disappeared again.  So, here's the steps I took...

1)  Applied the hair, and it wasn't visible in the iRay simulation.

2) Viewport Line Tesselation Sides to 2, the hair appeard.

3) Ran a dForce simulation using the defaul setting that comes with the hair.

4) After the simulation was complete, iRay preview doesn't show the hair again.

Any suggestions there???  (I've played around with increasing the tesslation values with no success.)