3DU G8 Heidi dForce Oufit skirt explodes when simulation runs

WandWWandW Posts: 2,809

Hi Gang,

When simulating the 3DUinverse Heidi outfit,  ( https://www.daz3d.com/heidi-dforce-clothing-and-accessories-for-genesis-8-females ) it exploded during the first couple of frames.  Trying the shirt and skirt indidually with a base G8F, the problem is with the skirt, which almost instantly blows up.  Is there a trick?  I didn't find any documentation in the readme.

I'm using Genesis 8.0 and Studio 4.15.0.2, the clothes as loaded and the default dForce settings.  Turning smoothing off didn't help.

Thanx in Advance!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• I am having so many problems with simulation of different outfits.  :(

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

Explosions are mostly down to cloth intersecting itself. One way is to use "From memorized pose" so the cloth has time to surface self-impact and not interesect itself while the pose is being run.

There's also a setting in dForce Master that is supposed to stop explosions. I've found it to be very hit-and-miss like much of the Daz universe.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

I rarely have issues with clothing exploding. I always make sure the clothing doesn't touch/intersect with itself or anything else before running the simulation. i never use the "From memorized pose" opting instead for my own animated timeline and special posing to make sure nothing intersects before the final pose

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305
    edited January 2021

It's a cute outfit and I've not had issues.  I thought the panties that come with the outfit preset might be an issue, but they seem fine.  They're on and visible during these sims.  The necklace was not.

Anyway, I loaded up Angel Wings' Shaniquah and tried it on her in a standing and a bending over pose, neither of which is extreme.  These were done From Memorized Bones.  The crouching one was with Memorized Bones OFF, since I knew that there would be a problem.  It still looks fine.  The shirt pokes through the skirt in the crouching pose, so that would need some polygon hiding if you want a view from the front, but that's no biggie.  I turn Memorized Off a lot if I can get a decent result without it.

Nothing exploded during these simulationsm, and I simulated shirt and skirt together.  I guess it depends on the pose? 

Shaniquah Heidi Standing.png
    1108 x 1440 - 2M
    Shaniquah Heidi Bending.png
    1108 x 1440 - 2M
    Shaniquah Heidi Crouching.png
    1108 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by Sevrin on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,809

Thank you for the replies. 

I have been simulating From Memorized Pose, and it is a short skirt, so there isn't much opportunuty for self-collision. 

However, I tried a different pose and it seems to work; I wonder what is odd about the pose, as it blows up in the first few iterations, long before there is enough movement for self-intersection...