How to stop DAZ Central installing Studio updates?

Title pretty much says it all. I don't want 4.15, it seems it's as buggy as a swamp in the summer.

Every time I open DAZ Central, it continues to downl 4.15, and until DAZ gets the problems under control, I don't want it to update.

Thanks,

..Joe

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Uninstall Central and install DIM.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,914

jestmart said:

Uninstall Central and install DIM.

yes

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

If you really want to use DazCentral, go to Settings and untick "Update Assets Automatically".

• I don't really care what I use, but why does everyone say to get rid of DAZ Central?

..Joe

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

joegerardi_36a94660de said:

I don't really care what I use, but why does everyone say to get rid of DAZ Central?

..Joe

Because everytime you open DS it continues to download 4.15?

• Sven Dullah said:

joegerardi_36a94660de said:

I don't really care what I use, but why does everyone say to get rid of DAZ Central?

..Joe

Because everytime you open DS it continues to download 4.15?

Hmm? DS does not download itself, or plug-ins

• Every time I go into DAZ Central, it tries to continue downloading 4.15. I have to stop it each time. Probably because I have the "update assets automatically"checked for when products are updated, but I really don't want 4.15 until DAZ gets most of the bugs out of it.

Downloading updates to assets is not the same thing as downloading a new version of the base software: it shouldn't use the same paradigm for everything.

Hell, DAZ Central can't even download its own update. Been trying for 2 weeks, and fails each time. it tried as late as this morning.

..Joe