Daz Bridge Support Is Here!

Comments

• MukiMuki Posts: 8

Hi when installing daz c4d plugin using daz centre. its asking me for a (path) what path do i choose? i am on Mac OS not window

• Is a Bridge in the works for Houdini? Would open up a new world of possibilities. Sure wish DAZ would consider it.

• Mosk the Scribe said:

Is a Bridge in the works for Houdini? Would open up a new world of possibilities. Sure wish DAZ would consider it.

It's fantastic to be able to use Houdini's vast range of special effects - including, not limited to, cloth simulation, hair etc. I have just dug out my old DAZ 2 Houdini bridge and updated it to better support Genesis 8.1 (the old morph loader didn't pass the new export correctly). My bridge isn't limited to Genesis figures, but supports any rigged geometry (and DUF), including DHDM (hires detail) natively.  It works in the FREE Houdini as well as in professional versions.

Unfortunately, DAZ expects software like this to be released for free with no compensation for the developer (according to an email exchange I have had with them). I have invested several hundred hours of work, tweaking, bug-fixing and improving the solution I came up with - and felt disrespected when they contacted me about it, so I am afraid, you will need to support one of the three or four other projects out there (which, AFAIK, are open source). I am sure the developers working on the other solutions welcome any input/help they can get. I do not know how flexible/stable their solutions are, though.

Why am I writing this here? Precisely because, DO SUPPORT developers, don't take them as "given canon fodder" like DAZ does. Ask them, contact them directly, offer your support - and be it of moral kind. Just like artists hunger for feedback, developers love to be treated with (some) respect and just want to be "recognized". 
    Not abused.

Marc Albrecht

• SoulUnitSoulUnit Posts: 112
    edited July 2021

Hey There! Looking to install Daz to Unreal but there are no bridges showing in Daz Central, anyone know why?

rga.PNG
    679 x 715 - 83K
    Post edited by SoulUnit on
  • DAZ To Max 2021 -VRay Rendering Engine.

Is there a solution for this problem?
    Look at the photo of the vray rendering!

Problem !.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 239K
  • 3dmorocco3dmorocco Posts: 9
    edited August 2021

SoulUnit said:

Hey There! Looking to install Daz to Unreal but there are no bridges showing in Daz Central, anyone know why?

Open DazCentral

Select & Click  : Dashboard

In Available Bridges Select Daz to Unreal.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • can you export the daz character from blender to ue4 ith all textures

• Hello,

When I send character into Blender via Bridge morphs are unfortunately added only to main mesh, but missing on Eyelashes, Hair and Clothing meshes (as you can see on attached file). It seems that sometimes small percentage of morphs go through and I have FBMBodybuilderSize on Eyelashes (which seems to be irrelevant) and EyeClosed. But no expressions like Wink HD, Weight or anything else. Clothing is completely blank. Tested with Genesis 8-1 and 8 figures.

My target platform is Unity and till now I've been using classic workflow. Export FBX from DAZ (loading desired morphs through csv there), Import FBX to Blender. Run my Python script to get rid of same materials. And save as FBX and import to Unity. It works fine and all morphs/blendshapes on all meshes are preserved. However this workflow has one flaw. It messes bone rotations a bit. So Bridge looks like a nice alternative if I would be able to preserve all morphs.

Not sure how it works but maybe add some option to Import settings to not interfere with morphs on meshes and leave it as it is, if Blender might be just your transit station where you don't need to set them through sliders?

DAZ to Blender Bridge - Morphs problem.jpg
    3376 x 1334 - 736K
  • I NEED HELP! When I click "send to" the unity bridge isn't on the list, only Hexagon and Bridge. This has only happened recently. Can someone from the team tell me what's going wrong? I'm using Daz 4.15.

• # Error: IOError: file /Users/Shared/Autodesk/modules/maya/2020/DazToMaya/scripts/d2m.py line 2470: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/scripts/d2m.cfg'

HI I'm a Mac users. Im trying to use the new bridge I have spent hours trying to get it to work  I have installed on 2020 and 2022. I get the same error with both. I have pymel installed   I downloaded the latest version from github 5 mins ago 

I have the shelves showing but as soon as I click import I get this message   I am an idiot as I had the old system working in 2018 but deleted it for some reason now Im stuck with no daz to maya bridge and I urgently need it working !!!!!!!!     please help   there must be some solution  

cheers T 

• # Error: ModuleNotFoundError: file <maya console> line 5: No module named 'DazToMaya'

ok so I may have been installing the items in the wrong place  I select maya 2022 ap show package contents and install all the items in the appropriate folders 

but now I cant open the module  - I also have it installed in shared /autodesk/ maya /2022 / modules     but it makes no difference 

any ideas anyone 

• Sziasztok, segítségre van szükségem! Sajnos DC -ben nincs más híd, csak a továbbiak, de ezek sem működnek :(

Order Date Size Actions

GoZ for DAZ Studio

9.1.2021 1.53 MB

Daz to Maya Bridge

9.1.2021 0.51 MB

3D Bridge for Photoshop

9.1.2021 0.42 MB

docx
    docx
    Bridges.docx
  • Hi, is there an activ development ongoing for DazToBlender ?

r/Detlef

• I want use the Daz to Blender bridge with several animal characters but can't get it to work?  Is the bridge primarily designed for Genesis characters?

• Are there any plans for a GIMP Bridge? I have a couple of Photoshop items in my catalog I've never been able to use because I mistakenly thought the Photoshop Bridge could work with GIMP. I have never used Photoshop because I'm a senior on a fixed income. Also, there are a few things that GIMP can do that Photoshop cannot!

Thank you for the Blender and Unreal bridges! I plan to learn both of these in the future. I just need to get organized LOL!

• malbrecht_f7fe64995d said:

Mosk the Scribe said:

Is a Bridge in the works for Houdini? Would open up a new world of possibilities. Sure wish DAZ would consider it.

It's fantastic to be able to use Houdini's vast range of special effects - including, not limited to, cloth simulation, hair etc. I have just dug out my old DAZ 2 Houdini bridge and updated it to better support Genesis 8.1 (the old morph loader didn't pass the new export correctly). My bridge isn't limited to Genesis figures, but supports any rigged geometry (and DUF), including DHDM (hires detail) natively.  It works in the FREE Houdini as well as in professional versions.

Unfortunately, DAZ expects software like this to be released for free with no compensation for the developer (according to an email exchange I have had with them). I have invested several hundred hours of work, tweaking, bug-fixing and improving the solution I came up with - and felt disrespected when they contacted me about it, so I am afraid, you will need to support one of the three or four other projects out there (which, AFAIK, are open source). I am sure the developers working on the other solutions welcome any input/help they can get. I do not know how flexible/stable their solutions are, though.

Why am I writing this here? Precisely because, DO SUPPORT developers, don't take them as "given canon fodder" like DAZ does. Ask them, contact them directly, offer your support - and be it of moral kind. Just like artists hunger for feedback, developers love to be treated with (some) respect and just want to be "recognized". 
    Not abused.

Marc Albrecht

What's stopping you from releasing your bridge yourself and charging for it?

• I was disappointed with the DAZ to blender bridge and the DAZ to unity bridge. I spent a total of $35 on them,
    As a result, I was told that I could get them without spending money.

If DAZ believes that these bridges do not require an interactive license, they should not be displayed in the store to buy them.

• 28046544242804654424 Posts: 2
    edited January 2022

DanniStories said:

Are there any plans for a GIMP Bridge? I have a couple of Photoshop items in my catalog I've never been able to use because I mistakenly thought the Photoshop Bridge could work with GIMP. I have never used Photoshop because I'm a senior on a fixed income. Also, there are a few things that GIMP can do that Photoshop cannot!

Thank you for the Blender and Unreal bridges! I plan to learn both of these in the future. I just need to get organized LOL!

Gimp is great. I'm using it. I don't need PS to complete my work

Post edited by 2804654424 on
  • Hi guys! What about the animation transfer to Cinema4D, does it work? I tried to use the bridge, but the avatar only gets into the initial pose of the animation, and there is no movement. Do you have any advice on how this should work? All other functions work correctly.

Thank you!

• One headache after another with Daz to Blender!Nothing works like it should from improper animations transfers,to hair and clothes not transfering attached,and over not being able to transfer my older Genesis models without total helterskelter especially since I paid good money for them and they didn't come with a expiration date althought as your software evolves it is apparent my investments have been blown into the wind!!!!!!!Seriously Daz,I have been with you all since the beginning and what your offerings have evolved into is really unacceptable!This is supposed to be a fun and easy addition to a 3D/CG artist"s pipeline and yet all it seems to produces is headache after headache,and a continual chase of correction after corrections that require the purchase of yet another script or add on to correct what should just WORK in the first place!YES,Daz to Blender is free but what good is a free tool if you can't get it to produce the desired effects that are needed to make the 3D creative process happen!I am by no means a novice as a profressional CG artist and if I am having these issues with your products with an exstensive knowledge base in 3D/Cg than how can you expect newbies to navigate your abyss you call software!After 20 years of working with you all I think it is now time to part ways which saddens me greatly!

• When importing to R25 the Mouth morphs do not work only head turns... is there an update for this?

• Is the DAZ to 3ds Max bridge file larger and larger?

• Is there a way to manually download the Daz to Blender bridge? Because I tried to use Daz Central and it installs the file and script into Daz Studio, but nothing goes to Blender.

Is there supposed to be a script that is needed for Blender? Daz Central does not download the zip file needed for Blender. Am I missing something?

• danielbui78danielbui78 Posts: 333
    edited July 2022

derkmann77_c34344e6f3 said:

Is there a way to manually download the Daz to Blender bridge? Because I tried to use Daz Central and it installs the file and script into Daz Studio, but nothing goes to Blender.

Is there supposed to be a script that is needed for Blender? Daz Central does not download the zip file needed for Blender. Am I missing something?

You need to install and activate the Blender plugin.  You can find instructions / tutorials on how to do this in multiple formats:

Post edited by danielbui78 on
  • The "Menelik HD Genesis 8.1" is not working in UE5. The model uses the "BasePBRSkinMaterial" master material but the Roughness textures are messing everything up. I also can't place a support ticket since I'm stuck on the "Examining your browser" screen forever. 

Any fix ?

Thanks and all the best,

Ido

Menelik.JPG
    1140 x 868 - 109K
    meni.JPG
    556 x 901 - 55K
  • Hello, I need help with Daz to Unreal. I tried installing the plugin with Install manager and via Daz Central. The result was a success. But I Don't See Send to Unreal option. 

Screenshot 2022-08-27 094103.png
    529 x 427 - 32K
    Screenshot 2022-08-27 093907.png
    1886 x 78 - 7K
  • So, folks, my problem is that the physical model does not import when I utilize BRIDGE to transfer from daz STUDIO to C4D; just the IK rigs do. I repeatedly uninstalled DAZ Central, Studio, and Bridge. and I have no idea what the upgrade changed.

• kirascurrokirascurro Posts: 37
    edited October 2022

do i need to render if bridging to another 3D program like Unity or Blender? i've always wondered about this. i have no idea where to find the answer in the tutorials. it seems renders are for images. are they for something else, too? i don't need an image. just a 3D model. does anyone know?

Post edited by kirascurro on
  • anthonyanthony Posts: 1
    edited November 2022

Hello,

After i click on the button Convert Materials [with Arnold or Vray selected], the import script throws the following FileNotFoundError:

No such file or directory: '/Users/ac/Documents/DAZ 3D/Bridges/Daz To Maya/Exports\\FIG\\FIG0'

I am on a Mac so all path names should be forward slashes. That is the right directory if those two backward slashes would be a single forward slash. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Daz Studio and Daz to Maya. Also deleted preference files ... but all to no avail.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! 

EDIT:

To temporarily fix (hack) the problem, I made the following change in line 23 of the file: DtuLoader.py

# AC_Mod commented out because imported_dir incorrectly has two backslashes before FIG and FIG0.
    # self.import_dir = imported_dir
    # AC_Mod changed above to assign path with forward slash before FIG and FIG0
    self.import_dir = '/Users/ac/Documents/DAZ 3D/Bridges/Daz To Maya/Exports/FIG/FIG0'
    Post edited by anthony on
  • Hello there, recently I just use daztoc4d bridge script to convert daz charactor to c4d and because I am using redshift renderer so I need to convert all the materials to redshift materials. And it was at that time I find out the script doens't work, it gave no reacton once I press the convert button. I had no idea totally since I can't find any log report or something else that could help me figure out what had happened since I press that button.

Btw, the env I was using are as follows:

Daz Version: 4.15

Daz to C4D Bridge Version: 2022.1

C4D Version: R21.207

Redshift Version: 3.15.10