Are G8.1 Anatomical Elements same as G8?

I just attempted to fit Genesis 8 male AE to the Genisis 8.1 female base figure and it (the gens) deformed significantly.

Are the anatomical elements called "Genesis 8" that come with the 8.1 bundles not the same as the existing Genesis 8 anatomical elements? Have they been modified to fit G8.1 in some way?

Daz Studio auto-fit asked me to select the figure the old G8M gens were originally designed for. Should that be happening?

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    edited January 2021

If you forget the "Smart" (not) Content and all the other database driven categories and navigate to the real folders in Content Library, you will find "Genesis 8.1 Male Genitalia For Female" in "...\People\Genesis 8 Female\Anatomy\"

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • The version for use with female figure has to be different from the male version in order to have the edges weld in place correctly. The same is true for the female anatomical elements for the 8.1 male.

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562
    edited January 2021

Thank you PerttA. You're assuming I have the pro bundles that include the new anatomical elements, which I don't. I only have the free base figures.

The bundle only mentions "Genesis 8 Male Anatomical Elements" which suggested to me there wasn't any new AEs for the figures. So I thought the existing ones would work.

Edit - thank you too Richard.

Post edited by fred9803 on
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 681
    edited March 2021

PerttiA said:

If you forget the "Smart" (not) Content and all the other database driven categories and navigate to the real folders in Content Library, you will find "Genesis 8.1 Male Genitalia For Female" in "...\People\Genesis 8 Female\Anatomy\"

Wel, I reinstalled a G8M pro bundle and got the G8.1 genitals, male and female, for G8.1F. But the materials don''t load - after realizing they were hierarchical materials and selecting G8.1F instead of the genitalia, nothing happens. No error message, the NVidia preview doesn't refresh - just blank white geometry.

Post edited by Ptrope on