DAZ Not re-loading.

Can anyone help with an odd situation please. DAZ loads perfectly normaly when I wish to use it and everyting is as it should be, BUT. if for any reason I have to close DAZ, then it will not re-load, I have to re-start my PC to get DAZ to load to the screen again. I have tried to load from the task bar, from the start menu and from the list of programes itself without success, very frustrating.

Any help and guidance with this would be most helpfu.

Thank you, have a nice day.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Is it still running in the background?  Check in task manager.  It can take a while to clean up, and older versions had a bug which could cause it to hang around in memory indefinitely.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

You can also start a new instance of DS while your old one is shutting down.

• Kev914Kev914 Posts: 1,109

Did you install the Octane plugin? What you describe happens to me now that I have installed Octane. However, I have discovered that I don't have to reboot. I just have to wait a little bit and then I can restart Daz without having to re-boot. If I try to re-start DS without waiting, nothing will happen. No error message. No nothing. Not sure how long you have to wait. But at least a couple minutes.

• Thank you all for your comments. It's always helpful to get other's comments, it at least give me a start point to try to find a solution. KevinH, no I haven't installed Octane yet so that's not the cause. Maybe if I do install it I'll get the reverse action and all will be well.???

• I have the same problem. It's still running in task manager. I just close it there and try openning it again. It recently started with the recent updates.