Rumpled (??) clothes

Hey everyone,

I've been meaning to ask this... How can I create rumpled clothes in DAZ? I'm not sure this is the right word for it (english is not my native language) but I need to have one character grab the collar of another and have the model grab the dress when running. Another would be multiple hands brabbing rthe hem of a dress of another as if in pray. I'll had some pics to show you the effects I mean (too many project ideas)

Thank you! :)

sophia_6_by_cathleentarawhiti_daw6nat-fullview.jpg
1024 x 683 - 128K
4535704f1a0422d5a879389d4ed59607.jpg
500 x 750 - 81K
sophia_10_by_cathleentarawhiti_dawb7ip-fullview.jpg
1024 x 1657 - 253K
62966801-woman-s-hand-strongly-pulling-or-compressing-a-gray-fabric.jpg
1300 x 881 - 120K

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,396
    edited January 2021

It's hard to do this accurately, even in Marvelous Designer.

Within Daz, you can use Dforce (cloth simulation) which will work on Dforce compliant clothing,

I would not use a Daz figure's hand as the colliding object to make the rumples because the hands are quite complex. it is pobably better to use a more simplistic object in place of the hand or a Dforce magnet https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-magnet

Post edited by lilweep on
  • bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,831

There's a product called Ghost Dynamics that -- if I understand correctly -- lets you deform meshes as if they were being poked and prodded and grabbed. It even seems to include hand shapes to simulate the effect of hands.

Failing that, there's also Mesh Grabber, which might let you get the effect you want.

• lumiasartlumiasart Posts: 126

lilweep said:

It's hard to do this accurately, even in Marvelous Designer.

Within Daz, you can use Dforce (cloth simulation) which will work on Dforce compliant clothing,

I would not use a Daz figure's hand as the colliding object to make the rumples because the hands are quite complex. it is pobably better to use a more simplistic object in place of the hand or a Dforce magnet https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-magnet

When you say a simple object you jmean like a primitive? I remember seeing a post here about using them with clothing to lift a shirt, I think...
    Never heard of Dforce magnet - going to check it out, thanks! :)

bytescapes said:

There's a product called Ghost Dynamics that -- if I understand correctly -- lets you deform meshes as if they were being poked and prodded and grabbed. It even seems to include hand shapes to simulate the effect of hands.

Failing that, there's also Mesh Grabber, which might let you get the effect you want.

I'll look into them, thanks! :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046

I know how I would do this

I would use the geometry editor tool to select a few faces where each hand would grab and assign them to a new surface I would call grab or pin or something 

then apply a dforce modifier to the clothing and turn down the simulation strength to zero on those faces

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I would use the geometry editor tool to select a few faces where each hand would grab and assign them to a new surface I would call grab or pin or something 

then apply a dforce modifier to the clothing and turn down the simulation strength to zero on those faces

I just recently started working with the geometry tool. Could you explain the dforce modifier more please? :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046

UnderlandDigital said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I just recently started working with the geometry tool. Could you explain the dforce modifier more please? :)

under the simulation tab in the top right menu you can add a dforce modifier to any clothing to make it dforce.

the reason you need to do this is after editing stuff with the geometry editor if it was previously premade as dforced already it no longer is.

• Daz Studio DForce Basics

dForce Magnet
    https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-magnet

Mesh Grabber
    https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Mesh+grabber

Aside from getting an actual set of dForce clothes which you might not really need. You're going to have to use those things listed above. Lets just say you have some real work ahead of you.

thanks everyone!!! I'll do some research and learning ^^
    stay safe