DAZ 3 doesn't show my content

Mr.ApogeeMr.Apogee Posts: 0

Can anyone help me get my content to show in DAZ3? I just installed Win 7 so I could run DAZ studio again. Nothing but Bryce would run under Win 8.1 for me. So, last night I installed DIM, Bryce, DAZ3 and DAZ4. DIM installed the TON of stuff I purchased through DAZ online, over the past few years. Daz 4 (which confuses the hell out of me) shows ALL of my content I downloaded with DIM, but NOTHING shows in DAZ3. I have been unable to figure out DAZ4 and REALLY want to run DAZ3 ONLY.

I ran this same system with Win7 two years ago and "upgraded" to Win8.1 and everything went to hell. I now have a quad-boot system with Win8.1, Win7, and 2 versions of linux.This is a clean, stable Win7 system, so I don't understand why DAZ3 has only poor res items, and only a couple at that.

Please help?

Kev

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,644
    edited December 1969

Did you add the My DAZ 3D Library folder to your content manager in DS3

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You have to tell DAZ Studio where to find your content, in DS3 as well as DS4.

In DS3, go to Edit > Preferences > Directories, and enter the path to your content for both DAZ Studio Formats (native) and Poser Formats (import). That should allow your content to appear in the Content pane. The latest items from DAZ 3D, like Genesis, and Genesis 2, will NOT work in DS3. DS3 cannot use the new TriAx riogging.

To make sure that all of your installed content appears in DS4.6, then go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, and enter the path to your content as both DS and Poser formats there as well.

You can make DS4.6 look very like DS3 with a small amount of work, and it has many more features than DS3 ever had.

• Mr.ApogeeMr.Apogee Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Did you add the My DAZ 3D Library folder to your content manager in DS3

Yes, and just did it fresh. Nothing shows.

:red:

edited December 1969

You have to tell DAZ Studio where to find your content, in DS3 as well as DS4.

In DS3, go to Edit > Preferences > Directories, and enter the path to your content for both DAZ Studio Formats (native) and Poser Formats (import). That should allow your content to appear in the Content pane.

That's the thing: My content (all purchased BEFORE DAZ4) only shows in DAZ4. Nothing shows in DAZ3 that I purchased. Below are the directories I have DAZ3 pointed to. I don't know what else I should add.

C:/Users/Kevin/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content
    C:/Users/Kevin/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library

Everyone told me when DAZ4 first came out how easy it is, etc. I never figured it out. I like DAZ3 and have a *LOT* of content for it. Can't (always) teach an old dog new tricks... ;-)

edited December 1969

Ah! Finally got it. It was under Public Documents, rather than under me....

Thanks for all the help. I do appreciate it greatly. Was just tripping because a spent a LOT of money buying this stuff...

Kevin

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Mr.Apogee said:
    Ah! Finally got it. It was under Public Documents, rather than under me....

Yes, that's where DIM installs all D|S content by default, as opposed to where all previous D|S versions look for their content by default. But since DIM and D|S (any version) don't talk to each other, this checking of installation paths is something you must do yourself — it's way too easy to miss something.
    edited December 1969

Well, guess I was wrong. I am not getting stuff when it installs. At least, not within DAZ's menu. I'm using DIM and it's (supposedly) installing to MY DAZ LIBRARY under public libraries. I just (after uninstalling all my items) did a fresh install of "Victoria 4.2 Pro Bundle" and NONE of it is easily found. It's scattered around all over and I can't find most of it. I've tried installing everything over (including DAZ) and I'm at a total loss. I'm running under Win7, can't get DAZ3 or 4.6 to run under Win8.1. I'm only using DAZ3.

Please help! I have hundreds of dollars of stuff for DAZ3 and NOTHING is installing the way it did when I bought it. My content tab is a mess and has a bunch of folders showing, but the majority of the files don't show any items at all.

I'm desperate!

Kevin

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,644
    edited December 1969

All Gen 4 figures will be in Poser Format

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

V4 will be in the Poser folders (the one without an S symbol on the folder icon) > Figures > DAZ People

edited December 1969

I have no "Poser" folders, nor do I have any DAZ4.6 items (Gen 4). This is strictly DAZ3 stuff. I have held off on installing any more until I figure out this problem. I thought it would straighten out by using DIM, but it doesn't help.

Kevin

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,003
    edited September 2014

They are called Poser folders, but they contain DAZ content, too. Basically, everything that's "old" stuff would go into the Poser folder. You have to point the Poser directory to the same directory where you installed the DAZ content.
    Also, you can use your DAZ 3 content in DAZ 4, if you add that folder to the folders DAz knows (although they won't show up in smart content)

Post edited by BeeMKay on
    edited December 1969

This is what shows up after installing “Victoria 4.2 Pro Bundle” (see screenshot of menu). Victoria is ultimately under DAZ People. The skins are several levels down under My DAZ 3D Library. The SHigi Hair, V4 Clothing, stylish shoes, etc, are not there.

It's very frustrating...

Kevin

Screenshot_-_9_27_2014_,_5_23_02_PM.png
    320 x 240 - 7K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,064
    edited September 2014

That's a DAZ Studio format folder, not a Poser format folder - you can tell by the S on the folder icons, and the lack of library groups (Figures, Hands, props etc.) with their own icons in the top level folder. In fact, since you have a mixture of S folders and plain folders theer it rather looks as if you simply have the wrong folder selected - you need the folder that holds the Runtime folder selected as a Poser Format content directory.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Go to Edit > Preference > Directories > Content Directory Manager, use the pull-down to select "Poser Formats", and add the path to "My DAZ 3D Library" there. Then it will show up as a folder without the S symbol.

edited December 1969

Go to Edit > Preference > Directories > Content Directory Manager, use the pull-down to select "Poser Formats", and add the path to "My DAZ 3D Library" there. Then it will show up as a folder without the S symbol.

No difference...

Kevin

edited December 1969

Can you post screenshots of your Content Directory Manager for "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"?

• Gusf1Gusf1 Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

Did you search for new content ? In Daz 3 you have to search for new content before it shows up in Unassigned.
    Gus

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184

I was having this issue, which had me completely stumped. It turns out I was having a very weird graphical issue. For whatever reason when the tab would stop displaying the text while docked. I had to update the Nvidia Driver and restart my computer to get it to work again. I hope that helps.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,098

JohnDelaquiox said:

I was having this issue, which had me completely stumped. It turns out I was having a very weird graphical issue. For whatever reason when the tab would stop displaying the text while docked. I had to update the Nvidia Driver and restart my computer to get it to work again. I hope that helps.

Umm, did you notice this thread is almost 10 years old?