No textures showing in NGV8 on G8F figure DUP PLZ DELETE this one thanx and sorry

OK I'm totally flummoxed and exhausted. I was gifted a PC which was compatible with awesome GPUs and cool Daz scripts but found myself in what my son tells me is the Dreaded Windows Update Loop where the machine exhorts me to do security and feature updates that are Very Important and never complete, so I'd need to reinstall Windows. I did this on the smallish SSD that was supposed to have been the target the first time round but apparently needs to be the only drive plugged into the machine for that to work. Then after all that, reinstalling Daz, which had just updated to 4.15, I found myself with much content not working and none at all in Smart Content. Forums (thanx Richard) tell me best solution is to reinstall all 15 years of my stuff. I have now done so, but for a few items from such places as Rendo, and have now reinstalled NGV8 three times ... but I suspect that's not the issue.

The new gens have no apparent texture applied in the viewport or render. They do however in the Surfaces tab. In fact, if I select both the G8F torso and new gens the surfaces tab confirms that both are shaded exactly the same. So why is one skinlike and the other grey?? I did also try sliding the cutout to zero and they disappear, but it looks like nothing else works??

Post edited by [email protected] on