Problems creating geografts in DAZ 4.14 *Solved*

DrHemulenDrHemulen Posts: 81

Hello

I'm trying to create geografts in 4.14 and I cannot get it to work. I'm following SicleYeild's tutorial here:  https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Geograft-Update-765423626

Here's what I'm doing:

• I created at geograft test in Blender by just cropping out a bunch of polygons and imported them back into DAZ. Everything lines up nicely.
  • Genesis 8 male and geograft are at base resolution, Genesis 8 is in defatult pose.
  • Changed base colour on geograft to make it easier to see:

• Use transfer utility, check that geograft moves with main mesh and is correctly fitted
  • Select outer polygons of geograft, “select Graft Faces for attachement”. Select Genesis 8 in popup

• Select all faces on G8 that are covered by geograft, “select Auto Hide faces for Attachment”. Select graft in popup

• Select adjacent faces to geograft on G8, “select Graft Faces for attachment”. Select graft in popup

• Unparent geograft from Genesis 8
  • Fit geograft to Genesis 8
  • Change to move tool

Nothing happens. The Genesis 8 faces I selected are not removed.

The official DAZ geografts work fine, so it's not some kind of general issue. I've been doing lots of geografting a couple of years back, but now it just doesn't work, even though I'm following SickleYeids tutorial for the newer versions.

Any ideas?

Post edited by DrHemulen on

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631

You may need to save it to the library conformed, delete it, and reload it before the change show up?

• DrHemulenDrHemulen Posts: 81
    edited January 2021

That worked :) Actually just delering it and pressing undo to get it back worked. It really felt like I was missing an "apply" button, and I guess that was it. 

And thank your for your tutotial, that was really clear.

Post edited by DrHemulen on