Genesis 8 Expressions on Genesis 8.1

blackhawk101xblackhawk101x Posts: 10

All my expression packs for seem to not work with Genesis 8.1. That isnt total unsurprising given what the main changes are with Genesis 8.1. Is there a way to convert exsiting Genesis 8 expressions packs to work on Genesis 8.1?

Post edited by blackhawk101x on

Comments

• Nope. And neither 8.1 to 8.0.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664

blackhawk101x said:

All my expression packs for seem to not work with Genesis 8.1. That isnt total unsurprising given what the main changes are with Genesis 8.1. Is there a way to convert exsiting Genesis 8 expressions packs to work on Genesis 8.1?

There is a fix but you use it at your own risk as there is no way of telling if it will break something else, see this thread Genesis 8.1 Face Controls

• For anyone who doesn't want to scroll through all the pages on that thread. Delete these two folders:

• "...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\"
    • "...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\"

These are dummy morphs preventing Genesis 8.1 from using Genesis 8 expressions.

• vozolgantvozolgant Posts: 207

Has anyone run into any problems so far? In regards to this fix?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

knowllang said:

For anyone who doesn't want to scroll through all the pages on that thread. Delete these two folders:

And the same with the male folders 

"...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\"
    "...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\"

Make sure you are deleting the folders from G8.1 morph folders and not from G8 morph folders.

The folders will be added back everytime you reinstall or update Genesis 8 Starter Essentials.

Some are seeing bogeymen everywhere, but if you look at what's inside the files and have any understanding about how the morph files work, you see there is no danger. and if you want to put them back for any reason, just reinstall the Starter Essentials.

• vozolgantvozolgant Posts: 207

Why did the DAZ developers do this? They must have a good reason why they disabled G8 expressions from being used on G8.1?  

• potatopealorpotatopealor Posts: 59
    edited October 2021

PerttiA said:

knowllang said:

For anyone who doesn't want to scroll through all the pages on that thread. Delete these two folders:

Make sure you are deleting the folders from G8.1 morph folders and not from G8 morph folders.

The folders will be added back everytime you reinstall or update Genesis 8 Starter Essentials.

Some are seeing bogeymen everywhere, but if you look at what's inside the files and have any understanding about how the morph files work, you see there is no danger. and if you want to put them back for any reason, just reinstall the Starter Essentials.

i did this and i got the G8 expressions to work on my G8.1 character...but now my G8.1 expressions are not working on it...so deleteing those files must've also destroyed the capability of using G8.1 expressions. 

Post edited by potatopealor on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

potatopealor said:

PerttiA said:

knowllang said:

i did this and i got the G8 expressions to work on my G8.1 character...but now my G8.1 expressions are not working on it...so deleteing those files must've also destroyed the capability of using G8.1 expressions. 

No it doesn't, unless you deleted also files in  "...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\FACS\" and "...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\FACSExpressions\"

• PerttiA said:

potatopealor said:

PerttiA said:

knowllang said:

No it doesn't, unless you deleted also files in  "...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\FACS\" and "...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\FACSExpressions\"

You're right...i deleted the FAC and FACexpressions folder...reinstated them and now 8 and 8.1 expressions are working. thanks!