How to load HD morphs using morph loader?

Hi!

I already make my own morphs in blender using the "export in base resolution"method, but... how exactly one would make a HD morph? How I'm supposed to have more dense geometry, while I can't add geometry because morph loader won't accept it. Could anyone point me to some literature or video tutorial?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,390
    edited January 2021

That's simple: you can't. Only Daz vendors have access to the tools needed to create HD morphs.

(and for the record, HD morphs aren't created by adding geometry, the HD details are created from a subdivided version of the mesh)

Post edited by Leana on
  • Leana said:

That's simple: you can't. Only Daz vendors have access to the tools needed to create HD morphs.

(and for the record, HD morphs aren't created by adding geometry, the HD details are created from a subdivided version of the mesh)

OMG... that's... weird. Thanks for the info tho. That was exactly what I wanted to do, too bad you can't just have the tools and fool around with them :(

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

mwasielewski1990 said:

Leana said:

OMG... that's... weird. Thanks for the info tho. That was exactly what I wanted to do, too bad you can't just have the tools and fool around with them :(

Not really. makes sense to me from a business perspective to keep some of your tools proprietary, so I don't fault them for it.

• Not faulting anybody, it's a sentiment felt by many I'm sure.

Anyhow, what you can do with the HD mesh, is make texturing aids with it. You know, images for bump, displacement, normals, etc.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046

there is a not terribly great way, export a subdivided mesh preferably converted to prop first and the eyes and mouth parts deleted with the geometry editor, reimport it and use the transfer utility to make it into a bodysuit.

You can then create morphs for that highpoly skinsuit

if you are really clever you can make highpoly geografts too