New install

I recently moved all of my files to a new computer and when I reinstalled Des studio and Des Central it shows that all my files are still uninstalled I did not want to install them that way is there a way to get it to show that the files are in there I don't have any problem operating it because my files are there when I open it up they're all right where they're supposed to be I know there's a way you can go into install manager but even in it it shows all of them and keeps trying to install them would appreciate any help I can get.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Did you save the3 ManifestFiles folder from the old computer?

• csbond2csbond2 Posts: 46
    edited January 2021

Fixmypcmike said:

Did you save the3 ManifestFiles folder from the old computer?

I saved the files that were in roaming if that is what you are talking about.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Yes, the ManifestFiles folder is where DIM records what was installed and where.  If you're using the same settings in DIM, copying those files to the new drive will tell DIM that everything is installed.

• By default the Manifests folder is in the Public Documents folder, alongside the default location for DIM downloads. The Roaming folkder (in AppData) has settings but not the manifests.

Thank you both for your comments I actually just went in and looked and somehow I didn't put that one in there but I will give that a try and if it doesn't work I will ask more questions.

I just wanted to say thank you that worked perfectly I don't know how I missed it but I put it in the wrong folder.