daz crash on start new update

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\dzshaderbuilder.dll" at 0033:000000009C7CE67B

Comments

• Which version is that? Were you launching it directly, or was it loading a scene file?

• beyonder2k9beyonder2k9 Posts: 117
    edited January 2021

4.15 newsest. I updated video drivers, uninstalled reinstalled daz, rebooted and get the same error message

Post edited by beyonder2k9 on
  • Launching from the desk top. it gets to creating interface and crashes

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

For me installing 4.15 was by far the smoothest of all of them. Everything was in the same place as before... my workspace, styles, starter scene all remained unchanged. I know that doesn't help you.

I'd try a re-install. Some file/s might have got corrupted during install.

• I have different problem with 4.15 - content wont load anymore. And nothing helps - reboot/reinstall, nothing... :-( And there no 4.14 to download anymore

• I have: uninstalled reinstalled all content up to and including the 4.15 update snd just the 4.15 update from both dim and daz central. rebooted, checked firewall and virus protection. is there anyway to download the oldeer version of daz as I have no access.

• beyonder2k9 said:

I have: uninstalled reinstalled all content up to and including the 4.15 update snd just the 4.15 update from both dim and daz central. rebooted, checked firewall and virus protection. is there anyway to download the oldeer version of daz as I have no access.

You'd need to contact support. However, if it's crashing about the time it is building the interface it could be corrupt layout files. With DS closed go to 

%AppData%/daz 3d/studio4/

(on Windows just paste that into a file browser's address bar) and remove the layout.dsx file, then try starting DS. If that still doesn't work remove any fresh copy of that file plus actions.dsx, customactions.dsx, menus.dsx and toolbars.dsx and see if DS will launch.

• subbed a ticket got some help but still having issues