UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

Comments

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

barbult said:

Doc Acme said:

In DIM:

You are looking at two different products. One is the Accelerator plugin and the other is the UltraScenery script. I don't see any place that says the UltraScenry script is 32 bit.

Ah.  My Apologies.  Yes the Accelerator has has 64-bit in the Install, but not showing that in the Ready tab.

My installed version of the script is a week newer that the one in waiting. So, can both of those be ignored? Deleted? Hidden?

• Jason Galterio said:

Inspired by barbult to give Alienator Pro a honest go. With a bit more planning and a bit less experimentation.

"Grove Guardian"

I used UltraScenery and Tangy Apple. I replaced the apple trees with Predatron's Cherry Trees.

Full size version can be seen here.

What a beautiful scene! I like how soft the light looks and how the eye is drawn to the buildings in the background. They add a lot to an already interesting scene.

• barbult said:

This came out interestingly. I substituted rocks for trees. It made sort of a canyon. I started with TAO 11 and Track 1 with Hedgerow.

Before:

After Alienator Pro:

This is such a clever idea barbult! I really like how the canyon turned out. 

• DON't INSTALL the new UltraScenery...not yet'! I did it and now in my version the Aspen are missing! Hope you understand my english?smiley

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,240
    edited February 2021

AlfRaMusic said:

DON't INSTALL the new UltraScenery...not yet'! I did it and now in my version the Aspen are missing! Hope you understand my english?smiley

Yes I was just going to report this myself. Wonderful Pasture I want my trees back.

@Doc Acme 

Love the flat earth quote.

Ultra.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 496K
    Ultra1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    txt
    txt
    Ultralog.txt
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • I have sent a ticket abouit the issue to Daz-Support on thursday!

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

There's a hidden "hat" option now?  

This is Seed 1000, Zoom 3, 2 octaves, Scale 1, Position 0 max altitude 5m.(default settings I think?  I didn't fiddle with them) Dirt Track 2, Grassland 3, Camera View only

The trees look about where they should be, but the terrain seems a bit high.  How do I avoid this?  It's the first time I've had this go so weird, but I haven't used USC a ton recently.

Win 10 up-to-date 4.15.0.2 Public

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,165

Sevrin said:

This is Seed 1000, Zoom 3, 2 octaves, Scale 1, Position 0 max altitude 5m.(default settings I think?  I didn't fiddle with them) Dirt Track 2, Grassland 3, Camera View only

The trees look about where they should be, but the terrain seems a bit high.  How do I avoid this?  It's the first time I've had this go so weird, but I haven't used USC a ton recently.

Win 10 up-to-date 4.15.0.2 Public

UltraScenery terrain is normally "high" like that. That is not a problem. Water level is at Y=0; land is higher. It has always been necessary to raise the position of added scene objects and the render camera to match the terrain height. In your image, you are underground and looking up. That is also why the render is so dark. I believe the trees you see are the extended forest (trees placed outside the terrain area when you check the "Extend forest" box on the build tab).
    To avoid this, simply raise your camera and your added scene objects (the woman) to accommodate the terrain height. 

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

I am guessing that the DIM issues have not yet been resolved? DAZ Quality / Support is really doing a disservice to PAs recently.

Jason Galterio said:

I am guessing that the DIM issues have not yet been resolved? DAZ Quality / Support is really doing a disservice to PAs recently.

You are correct. There has been no response to my help request. Nothing has changed in DIM related to this problem.  

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

barbult said:

Jason Galterio said:

You are correct. There has been no response to my help request. Nothing has changed in DIM related to this problem.  

I find that very disappointing. I would have hoped that an issue like this (involving an install package and DIM) would be investigated quicker than normal. Otherwise it just lingers out there and propogates across more customer's systems.

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

I find it very unfair with the PA's involved. THEIR name is on the products that DAZ has messed up with. And, the PA's are "paying" for the DAZ QA, by handing off a commision to DAZ exactly for that (plus handling the support, the store, etc.).

So, it is two parties that are disappointed. The customer and the PA.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Sevrin said:

You crack me up! Where do you come up with this stuff? laugh I really needed that laugh!

USC Height proceedural

Is there a technique or means to extract the proceedural noise height info being generated in the first Tab, to an image file?

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Got the update to Ultrascenery - Tangy Apple Orchard 3/5/21  I still have the Ultrascenery -RLS hanging out in downloads... Wish they would fix it cause I have nearly installed it a couple of times..

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584

Doc Acme said:

USC Height proceedural

Is there a technique or means to extract the proceedural noise height info being generated in the first Tab, to an image file?

No there is no current way to export the procedural height map. You could screen-shot the preview of the noise in the script - or dig through the Daz temp folder for it.

HowieFarkes said:

Doc Acme said:

USC Height proceedural

No there is no current way to export the procedural height map. You could screen-shot the preview of the noise in the script - or dig through the Daz temp folder for it.

Ah.  I'll see if the temp folder reveals anything.  Might that file have an extesnsion or name?

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,240

AgitatedRiot said:

AlfRaMusic said:

DON't INSTALL the new UltraScenery...not yet'! I did it and now in my version the Aspen are missing! Hope you understand my english?smiley

Yes I was just going to report this myself. Wonderful Pasture I want my trees back.

@Doc Acme 

Love the flat earth quote.

Have you been reading this thread?

UltraSceneCreator001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 509K
    UltraSceneCreator002.jpg
    365 x 389 - 100K
    txt
    txt
    log.txt
    edited March 2021
    Deleted.
    Post edited by dawnblade on
  • Probably not a benefit to most visiting this thread, but some US bits are in Fast Grab.

richardandtracy said:

Probably not a benefit to most visiting this thread, but some US bits are in Fast Grab.

And for anybody that doesn't have these yet, be sure to check the required produt(s) for each one. 

Has anyone installed and tried out the "Ultrascenery - Tangy Apple Orchard" update in DIM?

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited March 2021

dawnblade said:

Has anyone installed and tried out the "Ultrascenery - Tangy Apple Orchard" update in DIM?

Nope. Ultrascenery - Tangy Apple Orchard is still waiting in DIM and I'm afraid to install it ultil I get some reassurance that it's okay. I don't even know what the "update" fixes.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on

dawnblade said:

I installed it. I haven't seen any problems. TangoAlpha posted a list of changes earlier in this thread. 

barbult said:

dawnblade said:

I installed it. I haven't seen any problems. TangoAlpha posted a list of changes earlier in this thread. 

Thanks barbult! 

edited March 2021

Wetland 2 TAO 13 (after the update)

USC Wetland 2 TAO 13.png
    2000 x 1125 - 5M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited March 2021

River 1 Oaks 8 Cassini System Sky 05 (very large file)

I added some water plants on the river surface.

USC River 1 Oaks 8 Cassini Sky 5 16x9_001.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 6M

barbult said:

This is great, and I really like the Cassini sky in it. I'm going to try his Vega product and see how it comes out.

Also, your previous post's image didn't come through, possibly b/c it is .png. Looking forward to seeing it!

dawnblade said:

barbult said:

This is great, and I really like the Cassini sky in it. I'm going to try his Vega product and see how it comes out.

Also, your previous post's image didn't come through, possibly b/c it is .png. Looking forward to seeing it!

The uploaded file went missing somehow. Can you see it now?  (It's nothing too exciting. Just shows that TAO is basically working.)

edited March 2021

Here is another Cassini HDRI image - River 1 TAO 2 Cassini System Sky 02. (It is a very large image.)

USC River 1 TAO 2 Cassini Sky 2 16x9.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 7M
This discussion has been closed.