Split Lighting - Can't darken the other side

I was following this tutorial - 

And I was able to create like half the effect, but the video doesn't explain how to make the other side of the face darker. So this is the effect that I got thus far, but I would like to make the other side of the face darker. Thanks for the support!

Test.png
899 x 569 - 406K

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,322

Iray render I presume? Looks like you have light coming from both sides.

1. Are you using "Dome and Scene" or "Scene only"? "Dome and scene" would be using HDRI to fill in the lights all round.
    2. Do you have your camera headlamp set "off" - this could be adding in light you don't want.
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Try turning down Environment Intensity, or setting it to zero.

• MelanieL - Thanks so much for this! I did end up getting the desired effect that I was looking for with the Scene setting for the Environment mode. The headlamp is set to "Never", I've left it that way since I found out about it. But thank you as this is much closer to what I was looking for! 

• Sevrin - Thanks so much to you too! This also resulted in a very similar effect which is just about what I was looking for! Now with these tools, I can make that split lighting effect that I was hoping for! I would have never thought that the environment tab would effect the lighting when the headlamp was off and when there isn't a skydome. You learn somethign new everyday I guess. Thanks! 

Lighting test 2.png
    761 x 825 - 642K