Daz Strand Based Hair issue/help needed

As you can see from the picture below, I keep getting bald spots / patchy spots.  I can comb over a bit, but if I do a part at all, I can't really do a part without huge splotchy patches like that.

It seems like maybe some hair is clipping through?  I used the hair design on this model, and this is just immediately rendering after hitting accept.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but would love some help to figure it out.  (Considering a part would show a thin line of skin but mostly hair, and not at times almost an inch or skin with stubble.)

Things that might help out: all the hair on the top there is the same length. I used the extender to extend the segments.  Frizz is a choice, color is the default.

Also totally understand if its just a git gud type issue, but would love any tips people have if so.  (It feels hard to blend the strands, I guess, which might be part of the same issue I am having.)  I watched a few turtorials but they all did like mohawks or spikey hair which wouldn't have the same issue.

hair baldspot example.png
1080 x 1080 - 1M

Comments

• GoneGone Posts: 833

Looks like you have the hair completely flattened. The first segment from the root should be raised from the scalp. You should also check your clumping settings as that can also force clipping into the scalp.

• Gone said:

Looks like you have the hair completely flattened. The first segment from the root should be raised from the scalp. You should also check your clumping settings as that can also force clipping into the scalp.

What causes the flattening? A setting or just user error while combing?

And I think my clumping is set to the minimum or the max, not sure which right now, because otherwise it clipped through the face and cheeks.

Thanks for your response so far!

• GoneGone Posts: 833

Flattening can be caused in several ways. Usually it will be too aggresive a use of the attract tool or combing the hair right down to the root.

Since the "balding" is only in some places, you can use a small brush and pull up the root in those areas without combing the full length of the hair.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,396

imagine posting a pic of your style guides/lines