Pranx dforce dress continues to slip to the left

Jan_ScrapperJan_Scrapper Posts: 351

I have seen this happen so many times, but somehow I get simulations to run properly.  I have been running this all day and quite frustrated.

What am I doing wrong, please?

Thank you so much

pranx dress starts to fall to left.JPG
948 x 1009 - 89K
pranx dress continues to fall to left.JPG
866 x 1064 - 87K
pranx dress sim settings.JPG
523 x 1193 - 92K
Post edited by Jan_Scrapper on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,200

Which dress is it? I can't find it in the store.

Does it clip with the character before you start the simulation?

And if you do it on a regular character, does it then do the same?

• This is a free dress by Leilana for Pranx Chibi!  I checked for clipping any body parts.  It's like a windforce is blowing it, but I have a clean reboot of Daz Studio!!

OK, so I assume Pranx Chibi is a stand-alone character.

Is the dress preparred for dForce? An uneven mesh will often make dForce behave weird.

What does the dress look like before you start the simulation?

You could try to increase number of substeps in the simulation.

• https://sharecg.com/v/95982/gallery/11/Poser/Scampixie-Pranx-2

Chibi is a free morph to make Pranx2 look smaller.  

I appreciate all of your help to much!!  I have decided to do an easier pose.  The outfit has morphs, too.  It really looks cute not simulated :)

If you wan't to try dForce on an item, my suggestion is you use animated timeline, and start with your figure in the default pose, and then set the wanted pose (maybe) midway in the timeline, e.g. frame 15.

That will give the clothing time to settle, and can then move along with the pose. One thing to watch out for, is if your pose can cause items to intersect (e.g. an arm passes through the torso). That must be avoided and can be helped with an in between pose on the timeline (you can extend the timeline if needed).

• Thank you so much!!!  I really have a blast using dforce and I love it so much!!  I'm going to try another outfit this afternoon.  I love all of your advice!!  You have definitely been doing this awhile :)

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,522
    edited January 2021

I have come across this issue where the article of clothing is not really formed with dForce in mind, and dForce is applied. Then these items (if they don't explode) seem to try to slip off in the global +X direction. And it's only in the global +X direction in my experience. I have no idea why, it's just an observation that it happens. Can't really help except suggesting you try different stiffness, bend and shear values from the default ones for the main surfaces & see what happens.

I experienced this most recently over the weekend with some underwear I was trying to drape over a radiator with dForce and another a few weeks ago where the Victoria 3 hair I was using on G8F didn't want to drape, just looked like a strong wind was applied. I gave up on trying to correct it and applied an HDRI that seemed appropriate for a strong wind.

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Wow, richardandtracy!!!  This is beautiful!!  Ok, I will try to adjust stiffness, bend and shear values,  I had not thought of that!!!  Thank you so much