How do I add custom message to the sign? (Solved)

qertqert Posts: 89

https://www.daz3d.com/z-give-me-a-sign-props-and-poses-for-genesis-8

I have no idea how to type my own message on the sign using this.

Could someone please give me a few hints on getting started?

Post edited by qert on

Comments

• Wild guess [don't have the product yet], find the included blank canvas texture and open a copy of that in your image editor. Apply text, picture tubes, whatever, save as .png [or .tiff], save to whichever subfolder under Runtime > textures ... you want to use. Open D/S, load the prop, from the surface tab apply the new image. If all is well, save out a new mat file :-)

• qertqert Posts: 89

Yay it work!

Thanks for your help!

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

I don't have this product. So I don't know whether it has some kind of super easy way to make a custom sign. But from the description of the product, I would guess that it has what is sometimes called a "UV template" or just "template" somewhere in it's download. The template is a picture that shows the surface of the sign. The idea is that you load the template into a 2D graphic editor like PhotoShop or Gimp. And in your graphic editor, you add lettering or whatever you want to be on the sign, either right on the template or on a "layer" on top of the template. Then you save the file as a new picture in a format like .jpg of .png.  If the template has some sort of guide lines on it that you don't want on your sign, then you'll have to hide the layer that the template is on before saving this new picture. Anyay, after you've made the new picture you want on your sign, put that picture in a directory where you can find it from within Daz Studio. Then, from within Daz Studio, load the sign prop in. Then highlight the sign prop in the "Scene" tab. Then open the "Surfaces" tab to see the surfaces for the sign prop. Expand the sign prop in the surfaces tab to see a list of the actual surfaces. Highlight the surface that corresponds with the sign's mesasage surface. Now look to the right at the properties of that meassage surface and find the property called "Base Color". Click the little square on the left end of the property control to open a menu that lets you brouse to the location of the cusom meassage picture you made. Select your custom image picture. This should place your custom picture on the sign.

I hope my explanation makes sense. I likely glossed over something important. But maybe you can get some idea of how to do it if the product does not have a built in easier way.

• qertqert Posts: 89

Thank you Lukon100 for your great answer, I never really thought of looking at the surfaces tab and Base color for my custom image at all, I really appreciate your help man.