Can pose presets be made for Ajax's Easy Pose Tube? (Solved)

lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

I use Ajax's Easy Pose Tube, that you can see at this link:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/easypose-tube/6590

I used the easy pose morph sliders.

Then I tried to make a Pose Preset to save the pose. But when I tried to apply the pose preset to another instance of the Easy Pose Tube, it did not work.

Is there a way to make it work?

Post edited by lukon100 on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

lukon100 said:

Then I tried to make a Pose Preset to save the pose. But when I tried to apply the pose preset to another instance of the Easy Pose Tube, it did not work.

Sure.

I downloaded/installed easypose. Made a pose. Saved a pose preset "to a location under My Library NOT under the Runtime structure" .... then I loaded a 2nd instance of easypose, applied the preset, works fine. Bit of a pain having to jump between libraries though, might want to try converting it to a weight-mapped figure so all can be in the same folder(s) possibly under My Library > Props > etc.

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

patience55 said:

lukon100 said:

Sure.

I downloaded/installed easypose. Made a pose. Saved a pose preset "to a location under My Library NOT under the Runtime structure" .... then I loaded a 2nd instance of easypose, applied the preset, works fine. Bit of a pain having to jump between libraries though, might want to try converting it to a weight-mapped figure so all can be in the same folder(s) possibly under My Library > Props > etc.

Oh. I'm sorry. I did not make clear what my problem really is.

With the Easy Pose Tube, there are two ways to pose it, but only one of them makes a pose you can save as a preset that works on other instances of the tube.

You posed it the regular way, by selecting individual bone segments and then bending them one at a time. This way of posing CAN be saved as a preset that works on other intances of the Easy Pose Tube.

But there is a second way to pose the tube, the way I'm doing it, which cannot be saved as a pose preset that works on onther instances of the tube.

To use the second way, you have to expand the structure of the tube in the "Scene" tab and highlight either the "Node" node or one of the "TubeXX" segments, and make sure that "All" is selected in the "Parameters" tab. Now you should see some additional gray sliders labled things like "BendAft". These sliders are "ERC" controls that apply patterns of pose settings to multiple segments of the tube at once.

It is these patterns of pose settings applied to multiple segments at once that I cannot save as a pose preset that works on other instances of the tube.

And so I'm wondering if there is a work-around, a way to save a pose preset that includes these special "ERC" pose patterns.

• lukon100 said:

patience55 said:

lukon100 said:

Sure.

With the Easy Pose Tube, there are two ways to pose it, but only one of them makes a pose you can save as a preset that works on other instances of the tube.

You posed it the regular way, by selecting individual bone segments and then bending them one at a time. This way of posing CAN be saved as a preset that works on other intances of the Easy Pose Tube.

But there is a second way to pose the tube, the way I'm doing it, which cannot be saved as a pose preset that works on onther instances of the tube.

To use the second way, you have to expand the structure of the tube in the "Scene" tab and highlight either the "Node" node or one of the "TubeXX" segments, and make sure that "All" is selected in the "Parameters" tab. Now you should see some additional gray sliders labled things like "BendAft". These sliders are "ERC" controls that apply patterns of pose settings to multiple segments of the tube at once.

It is these patterns of pose settings applied to multiple segments at once that I cannot save as a pose preset that works on other instances of the tube.

And so I'm wondering if there is a work-around, a way to save a pose preset that includes these special "ERC" pose patterns.

That probably means their type isn't set as Modifier>Pose (click the gear icon on the slider and open Paramert Settings to check). You could change the parameter type if so, or you could try using a Properties Preset instead.

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

Richard Haseltine said:

lukon100 said:

patience55 said:

lukon100 said:

Sure.

That probably means their type isn't set as Modifier>Pose (click the gear icon on the slider and open Paramert Settings to check). You could change the parameter type if so, or you could try using a Properties Preset instead.

Thanks, Richard. This is the insight that fixes the problem.

The ERC controls had no type set for them at all. By setting the ones used to Pose, the pose presets made from them do capture them as needed now. And the good thing is, the pose presets built from the instance of the tube fixed like this will work on other instances of the tube that don't have the fix.