Renaming Items in the Smart Content tab?

Is there a way to rename items in the Smart Content tab, for example, hair pieces that are made for both Genesis 3 and Genesis 8? When they aren't named for a specific generation, it takes up some time to have to figure out which one in the thumbnails goes to the model you're using. 

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

This would be nice.  I've screwed up some product names when installing with Content Wizard and would love to be able to fix them easily without having to reinstall the Smart Content, which can take a long time in the case of characters.

The generation thing is pretty quick to check if you have the info tab at the bottom open, though.  The font is pretty tiny.

It's also annoying with stuff like Posh Poses for Genesis 8 Female | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D where it's not indicated which poses are full body and which are partials, AND the full body poses aren't all included in by Region/Full Body.  I guess the PA got bored or maybe their cat caught fire or something?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

billyrosco said:

Is there a way to rename items in the Smart Content tab, for example, hair pieces that are made for both Genesis 3 and Genesis 8? When they aren't named for a specific generation, it takes up some time to have to figure out which one in the thumbnails goes to the model you're using. 

Rather than risk messing up the meta data [resulting in items not displaying in Smart Content] I used to simply edit the icon. Put an "8" or a "3" on the .png file. 

• Thanks to you both for your answers. Editting the thumbnail on an item that I use a lot is actually a very good idea!