Messed up figure install; Daz crashes

I purchased and installed Dragelle for G3F on one computer and it worked fine. I did a scene with it and saved the scene to run on my other computer. I forgot to install the Dragelle again on the 2nd machine and when I tried to load the scene it asked whether I wanted to download and install Dragelle. I said o.k. but then the inStudio installer is so slow I hit cancel and intended on installing it with my downloaded zip manual installer like I usually do. After doing that I tried to use the Dragelle and Daz crashed. Happened again. So I installed with DIM, crashed. Then I uninstalled with DIM, reinstalled with DIM and tried again, crash. I cleared the cache, crash. Turned the computer on and off, crash. Maybe when I canceled the inStudio install something was left or messed up which keeps causing the crash. (Doesn't crash on any other figure/scene so far). Any ideas on how to fix this? Running 4.15 on a pc.

Comments

• I'm not sure how a failed install could do that, but did you try right-clicking on the product icon in DS (e.g. in Smart Content>Products) and selecting Uninstall? If DS thinks at least some of the product is isntalled through Connect it will try to use those files, not the DIM install.

• RandomRandom Posts: 201
    edited January 2021

Thanks, Richard. That seems to have worked, no problems with the figure so far. BTW, previously when loading the figure, it was going through the clearing the scene routine as if it had installed as a scene rather than an actor. That also doesn't happen now.

Post edited by Random on