Is it safe to install an older version of DAZ through a saved installer?

As the title states, I would like to install an older version of DAZ using one of the installers I still have saved on my MacBook Pro and wanted to ask if this is safe to do? If so, are there any precautions I need to take such as backing up anything, or will everything be fine if I just uninstall my current version and then reinstall the older version? I do not care about presets or anything being lost, I just want to make sure all my purchases from the DAZ shop will still appear in the content/smart content panes. The reason I want to do this is because I am having issues with version 4.14.0.10 pro because every time I start a render, my entire laptop forcibly restarts the second the actual rendered image would begin to appear and I cannot figure out why this is happening (it's not a temperature issue though). Any advice/help on either of the two issues I mentioned would be greatly appreciated! I am very very inexperienced with the technical side of DAZ. Just for reference, my laptop is a mid 2012 MacBook Pro running on macOS Catalina version 10.15.7.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,390

AFAIK there were no recent changes to the content management system which could cause problems with smart content. So if you're  reinstalling a recent version, the only problems you might have are with plugins and scripts, which may be version specific, or opening scenes saved in a newer version than the one you reinstalled.

• Leana said:

AFAIK there were no recent changes to the content management system which could cause problems with smart content. So if you're  reinstalling a recent version, the only problems you might have are with plugins and scripts, which may be version specific, or opening scenes saved in a newer version than the one you reinstalled.

thanks so much for your feedback! I haven't downloaded anything new since updating I don't believe, so I'm hoping this is the case. Would you recommend doing a backup just in case?