Thumb posing issue

I have a question. I'm trying to pose a hand as follows:

When I try to do this in Daz Studio (4.14) I get this as the maximum:

When I remove the limits I get this grotesque form:

Any ideas, tips or solutions for this?

Comments

• I just tried to replicate the hand pose in your photo and get the same results as you do.

Maybe set the thumb segments to show hidden parameters and apply some twist to the Thumb 2 segment (and perhaps a little to Thumb 1)?

Lee

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

I don't think the thumb is the issue.  Try working with the other fingers.

• I agree with Sevrin.  Was playing around with it further and when straightening the other fingers, then applying some bend to the finger tips, I got a lot closer to what you're looking for.

Also, I tried a hand pose for the Ogre (club grasp) and that looked really good too.

Lee

• robograaf2robograaf2 Posts: 40
    edited January 2021

I think I understand what you guys mean with the other fingers, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I think you guys mean something like this right?

But the problem is that I need the half-circle shape my hand forms in the previous post because it's for posing someone that's grabbing something circular. The solution above doesn't exactly suit that.

I also have a hand pose set and this is the grasp pose:

But same thing. Where a normal human is able to move his thumb sideways in this picture to form the picture in my original post, the genesis 8 figure seems to be unable to move even halfway down.

Are you guys sure nothing can be done to fix this..?

Post edited by robograaf2 on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited January 2021

I use G1 so this is probably not of any help. I can get a reasonable result by removing limits off the thumb 2 and carefully twisting it and bending it slightly sideways.

grab1.png
    611 x 484 - 86K
    grab2.png
    546 x 441 - 92K
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

I suspect that if it can be done for G1, as Sven Dullah has done, it can also be done for G8. It just takes some skill and experimentation. I might try it myself, later. And if I'm successful, I'll likely post the results and maybe offer the preset as a freebie on ShareCG or something. I think it is really bizarre that these Genesis figures can't do something so basic as grab a 4" tube, out of the box.

• JeremionJeremion Posts: 46
    Hello Is someone found the solution ? Can't get the proper pose neither :(