Daz 4.15

I have held off upgrading from 4.12 because I am reluctant to mess with Daz, but ready now to upgrade to 4.14 - and I see 4.15 is here.

However, my first Daz install was a nightmare because my C drive is only a small partition, with 95% of disk space allocated to D.

Can anyone confirm whether an upgrade will mess with where Daz looks for files? My installation is on C but my content is all on D.

Don't want to have to go through all that again.

Comments

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 355

My content is all on D.

At the moment Daz has completely disappeared after the update and a PC restart.

I'm trying to find a way to get it back. 

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 355

Update: I had to go to Daz Central and Select Install 4.14 (???) which now seems to have successfully installed 4.15 (!).

At a first quick check everything on Drive D seems to be recognised and working.

• Thank you JamieM, though it is not tremendously reassuring! 

Maybe I will give it a couple more days then, considering it only came out on Thursday.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,389

As a long time user with a non-standard install (I have multiple content directories across multiple drives), I can confirm that updating DS won't affect your content and preferences. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,893

If you installed 4.12 with DIM, install 4.15 with DIM, too. DIM will remember the installation paths you used last time. You can check the DIM settings to verify your installation paths, in case you are unsure. Many people have had their configuration messed up by trying Daz Central after being DIM users, because Daz Central used its own default path configuration. I don't know if any improvements to that situation were ever implemented. 

• installed it with no problems at all, except minor irritations that i had in 4.14 which is in the hands of the help desk tech's

• Just tried to update to 4.15 because one of my primary plugins stopped in 4.14. It deleted my shortcut on the destop and now can not find the 4.15 exe. Searching computer no 4.15 installed and when I found the exe on my daz folder under program it launches 4.14 in a broken state. VERY FRUSTRATED!

• dawgzang said:

Just tried to update to 4.15 because one of my primary plugins stopped in 4.14. It deleted my shortcut on the destop and now can not find the 4.15 exe. Searching computer no 4.15 installed and when I found the exe on my daz folder under program it launches 4.14 in a broken state. VERY FRUSTRATED!

So this was installed through Daz Central?

• I just used IM to install 4.15, it appears to have worked after reviewing the file list in DM. However when I launch DAZ, it says DAZ 4.12 in upper left corner. what gives?

• Are you sure the shortcut you are using isn't pointing to an older version in a differnt location? What does Help>About Daz Studio say?