Fitting Clothes for Large Characters

Gemini QueenGemini Queen Posts: 263

I bought a bunch of muscle morphs for my G8F, and she's looking more and more like the oger/orc/monster that I want to her look like. However, I'm noticing that some of the clothes that I'm buying for her don't fit just right. Most of them have the little holes or tears for when the character is too large. I know that I could just make her smaller to try and fit the clothes, but that would serisously defeat the purpose of my buying those morphs fopr size then spending forever to get her to just the right size. Is there a product or add on that I could buy to fix this? Or even better, is there a setting in Daz3d that I'm not aware of that I can use to fix this. I know that there's an add on to make holes in clothes, and thought that there was one to fix the holes too. Actively looking for it. I've taken a screen shot so you can see some of the areas that I'm referring to. 

Edit: So I think I found the solution? I went onto Google, and found this:

https://nabesaka.com/how-to-eliminate-poke-through-in-daz-studio-3d/#:~:text=A Push Modifier is a,down to the required amount.

I used the PushModifier (Never used it before, but so far it's working) and the pokethrough holes disappeared! But now some of her clothes look a little bulky, which I guess is ok for now since she's a literal giant. Since the clothes are dForce compatible, I'm trying to simulate her in her throne now for the effects with the skit, I'll let you guys know how that goes. But if there's another way to fix this, please let me know! 

Auto fit issue.png
1277 x 1018 - 617K
Post edited by Gemini Queen on

Comments

• Are those fitted figure or parented props (without bones)? Severe issues could be handled with a dForm or MeshGrabber, if you have that, and a weight map or through a weight-mapped Push Modifier. Less severe areas might be handled by applying a Smoothing Modifier, setting the Smoothign Type to geenric (so it doesn't try to go back to the base shape), and setting it to collide with Genesis 8 Female.

• They are fitted to the figure. I will have to youtube dForm and MeshGrabbers, as I'm not really sure what those are. I've never had this issue before cause all my characters were normally sized. The dForce with the skirt didn't go well, so I'll have to keep practicing with that. Thanks for this inpute though! 

• MeshGrabber is a store product, the rest are buil in to DS.

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108

Will take a fair bit of work to get the fit right but I gotta say you've developed a pretty cool looking figure there! You could try simulating using timeline animation with the figure at normal scale and default pose at frame zero, go to (at least) frame 30 and scale your figure back up. If you start at frame 0 with the morphs dialed back some you may get less distortion as well. If that works you can then (set all resolutions to base) export the clothing items and re-import as morphs on the clothing.

• Rev2019Rev2019 Posts: 167
    edited January 2021

only use push modifier if smoothing modifier doesnt work

use smoothing iterations of around 30 or more

in the fit to mode use "auto follow transforms" and smoothing type "base shape matching"

if i use push modifier it only needs an value around of 0.1

Post edited by Rev2019 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,413
    edited January 2021

Rev2019 said:

only use push modifier if smoothing modifier doesnt work

use smoothing iterations of around 30 or more

in the fit to mode use "auto follow transforms" and smoothing type "base shape matching"

if i use push modifier it only needs an value around of 0.1

Smoothign Modifier does what is says - smooths the shape out (using the existing geometry, unlike SubD). The Push Modifier moves the geometry along its vertex normals, the distance being set in cm. The problem with Base Shape matching is that ti tries to match the base shape (before morphs), as I understand it, so it isn't going to be ideal when trying to get the model to fit a morphed shape.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Aave Nainen - Thanks! She's a work in progress right now, but I have seen some videos on the animation tab but I haven't touched it yet. I'm itching to though! 

Rev2019 - I haven't used the smoothing modifier yet but will keep it in mind for when I get a little more advanced!