Any tips on reducing load and keyframe setting times?

Problem: So here is the problem. Setting keyframes for Models is taking a long time. My suspicion is that the more morphs a model has the longer it takes because it is setting keyframes for every single morph. I think this because when I set keyframes for models that don't have many morphs it doesn't take as long. This also applies to loading a scene with a model with many morphs.

Possible solutions I'm looking for:

1. How to set keyframes for Just bones and the Pose Control Morphs.
2. Disable all 0 morphs in a scene from being loaded.

Is there a product or addon that does this, or are there other solutions.

Comments

• Something else to consider, is that it's not the character, but the clothing, hair, etc. on the character. Try turing off the smoothing modifer on fitted to items and see if that makes a difference.

As to your questions.

There are two primary solutions to your problem regarding loading of morph dials.

1. uninstall/reinstall products as needed, relaoding the corresponding character after each change accordingly.

This is the least efficient option, as it requires either the use of DIM, Connect or central, or the manual removal of assets.

2. Split directories.

As opposed to the uninstall/reinstall option, simply seperating the various assets into their own directories and mapping and unmapping, in CDM(content directory manager) as required  is a bit easier.

It does, however, require manual installation of products, as most automated installation methods can only install to a single directory at a time.

• RodrijRodrij Posts: 154

As a possible solution would it be possible to save a figure as it's own independent figure that only loads specified morphs?  For example save out  a figure and only transfer the currently used morphs, the pose dials and the hidden adjustment morphs, leaving all the people morphs out. Daz would then recognize it as a different figure from the genesis X and when loaded it would only load the previosly specified morphs.

• Saving as a Figure/Prop asset will save all the morphs, so you'd have to prepare a "light" version by uninstalling the things you didn't want - which would lighten the base too.