Daz and GPU

So every so often, Daz just stops using my GPU to render there is nothing I can do other than reinstall the nvidia drivers to fix the issue. I am wondering if anyone else is having the same thing happen. I did notice today that a new game ready driver dropped but a driver being ready to update should not stop software from using the current one.

Comments

• Hi, that usually happens when the GPU doesn't have enough VRAM for Daz Studio to fit the scene on it. 

• deepswingdeepswing Posts: 152

Yes, sometimes this happens for me, normally if I try to render multiple photos in a row without closing Daz Studio. It seems DS is not releasing the memory for previous renders, only closing DS releases it.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

I don't see that behavior. As long as I don't have any render windows open, GPU VRAM will return to the pre-render value. 

deepswing said:

Yes, sometimes this happens for me, normally if I try to render multiple photos in a row without closing Daz Studio. It seems DS is not releasing the memory for previous renders, only closing DS releases it.

• You shouldn't need to reinstall the drivers if it's running out of memory, at worst restarting Daz Studio should be enough.