Genesis 3 Female base is trying to load lots of morphs, bug and/or how to fix?

GatorGator Posts: 1,286

It's been getting frustrating with Genesis 3 females taking a long time to load, going through the logs there's lots of morphs in the base female that I don't own.  Genesis 8 females will load much faster.  I tried using @PertittA 's fix in the Zilpha thread, but that didn't fix the issue.  The .duf file is compressed, so I don't know how to manually edit it.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5125196/#Comment_5125196

PerttiA said:

No need to manually edit the *.duf files.

To fix any ill-behaving morphs (non-zero default value), do as follows;

1. Load your base figure or the developer version.
2. Select "Show Hidden properties" in the Parameters-Tab, drop down menu (right-click)
3. Zero the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
4. Memorize the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
5. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets

Edit: Using Daz Studio 4.14.0.10 (latest public and no Genesis 3 Female updates showing in DIM).

Post edited by Gator on

Comments

• GatorGator Posts: 1,286
    edited January 2021

Attached in the file is all the stuff that seems shouldn't be there.  Too large for forum.

txt
    txt
    G3F_Junk.txt
    Post edited by Gator on
  • What are you looking at? DS will report that it can't find target values if there are corrective morphs in a pack you do have for morphs from a pack you don't have. That is expected behaviour.

That's the log file. I'm not sure I understand, because that's strictly from adding the base Genesis 3 female in a new, empty scene. New scene, navigate to My Daz3D Library, People, Genesis 3 Female and double-clicking the G3F icon in there. For example, I don't have any Genesis 2 female figures but you can see lots of Gen 6 morphs failing. Also Growing Up. I've never installed those products.
  • Well, that is odd - unless they are included (incorrectly, I would think) with a different figure.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Basically you have two of Zev0's products installed that have corrective morphs for other products, and you don't have those other products installed.

Bend Control looks to have correctives for all of the Genesis 2 Legacy shapes by Slosh, btw that's three separate products, it also has correctives for Girl 7, Bethany 7 as well as Growing up.

Aging has a lot of correctives for Growing Up.

If you aren't planning on gettting any of those other products then your only real option is to uninstall the products causing the warnings, and if it's a recent purchase go get your money back.

• The procedure does not help in this case because the problem is not related to morphs with non-zero default value.

The "Genesis 2" related warnings are caused by "Bend Control" that has specified values for a "million" possible morphs, and when the "million" morphs are not installed, DS gives a warning.

References to "Growing Up" are caused by "Aging Morphs" that has values specified for morphs in "Growing Up" and when it doesn't find the "Growing Up" files, DS gives a warning.

It is possible to edit the files in "Bend Control" and "Aging Morphs" to remove the references, but it takes a lot of time and some knowledge of the morph file structure.

Easier just to remove "Bend Control" and "Aging Morphs", or learn to live with the warnings and resulting load times.

Yep, you guys are right, thanks.  I removed Bend Control and Aging, and all those errors except one went away.  Unfortunately it only shaved a few seconds off of loading up a base G3F.

Bend Control is in all my scenes, I have it for both males and females.  Removing it actually made a scene take a minute longer to load having to skip past the warnings.  I re-installed.

Getting rid of the aging morphs gets rid of a bunch of the errors but doesn't do much for load times.

• They aren't really errors, just information. They might indicate an error if a connection that should be bening made isn't, so theya re useful for troubleshooting, but in this case the connection isn't expected to be made (because you don't have one of the products involved) so it's OK, aside from any impact on load times and you say that is minimal.

How can I help load times?  Just a base figure isn't bad, but a scene with 3-4 figures takes 3-4 minutes.  And adding a custom figure into a scene is slower than a base figure.  It's painful.

I assume that load time is on each figure loading morphs, and each clothing item along with it.  My system is pretty good, Threadripper 1950x, Samsung 960 M.2 NVMe drive, and 64 GB RAM. 
    The CPU is only 1st gen, I want a Ryzen 5000 series but they are OOS everywhere.  sad

• Gator said:

It's been getting frustrating with Genesis 3 females taking a long time to load, going through the logs there's lots of morphs in the base female that I don't own.  Genesis 8 females will load much faster.  I tried using @PertittA 's fix in the Zilpha thread, but that didn't fix the issue.  The .duf file is compressed, so I don't know how to manually edit it.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5125196/#Comment_5125196

PerttiA said:

No need to manually edit the *.duf files.

To fix any ill-behaving morphs (non-zero default value), do as follows;

1. Load your base figure or the developer version.
    2. Select "Show Hidden properties" in the Parameters-Tab, drop down menu (right-click)
    3. Zero the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
    4. Memorize the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
    5. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets

Edit: Using Daz Studio 4.14.0.10 (latest public and no Genesis 3 Female updates showing in DIM).

That fixed my problem too, thank you so much !smiley