[Having hairs render issue] dForce Windflower Genesis 8 Females

Hello,

So I have got this hair product [https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-windflower-for-genesis-3-and-genesis-8-females], when i load the haris onto body it just shows the single colored filled area where hairs are suppose to be and when in rende it only shows the head. I am using Daz 4.14 pro.

Like this:

How can i fix this issue? I have a couple of more hair style products with the same issue for which i am guessing some settings are required.

I'll really appeciate the help.

Post edited by I-am-Cho on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,200

What you have shown is not a real render - it is Iray preview. Have you tried with a real render?

For Iray preview to show dForce hair, you have to set preview to on and tesselation to 2 in the parameters settings.

• Got it, viewport tesselation line was 0. I set it to 2 and now i can see the hairs in the iray preview but some of the hairs are still missing as well in the render. I will post the images later.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

zaselim_08eb9236 said:

Got it, viewport tesselation line was 0. I set it to 2 and now i can see the hairs in the iray preview but some of the hairs are still missing as well in the render. I will post the images later.

Keep in mind that preview Tesselation is set low for a reason, namely to not bog down your preview.  A spot render or quick test render will show you the hair better than the Iray preview will.

• zaselim_08eb9236zaselim_08eb9236 Posts: 64
    edited January 2021

Right.

I also have one more problem, The edges around the body parts of the characters are not smooth but rough looking and there's seem to be a lot of static (like its not finished) as well when render is finihed in v4.14 pro like . But in 4.10 that doesn't happen.

Is there some other setting i need to address for that?

I stopped this render(4000x4000) at 7000 iterations after 3 hrs of time in 4.14 pro, See the full image to notice the rough edges around the face line and noise on the face and hands.

Now i am gonna render the same scene in 4.10 and i believe the render will finish in less time and interations and fully cleared.

Post edited by I-am-Cho on
  • zaselim_08eb9236zaselim_08eb9236 Posts: 64
    edited January 2021

Now here is the render i did in V4.10, the only difference in setting was that in v4.14 ray tracing was on while 4.10 doesn't have the option. Other than that all the settings are the same as it is the same scene i loaded in v4.10.

I stopped this render in 2 hrs 14mins mark at 7129 iterations and the above render (4.14) has 7300+ iterations in 3+ hrs.

And you can clearly see that this doesn't have unfinished areas or noise areas and has smooth outline specially the face outline. So the first render(4.14) is like the way it is because of the ray tracing on or do i need to set some other setting?

Edit: I think i figured out the issue, by default in 4.14 the noise settings were on where in 4.10 they are not. I reset them to default and now i am rendering the scene again in 4.14, and it seems its rendering faster as well compared to before. Its at 330 iterations and by the looks of it the edges are now smooth like the 4.10 render.

Post edited by zaselim_08eb9236 on
  • Do you mean the Ray Tracing Low Memory setting was On (rather than Auto)?

• @ Richard:

No that is not what i meant. I tuned ray tracing on myself from auto but the ray tracing wasn't casing the issue.

the noise settings were on by default in 4.14 where in 4.10 they are not. I reset them to default and now i am rendering the scene again in 4.14, and it seems its rendering faster as well compared to before. Its at 490 iterations and by the looks of it the edges are now smooth like the 4.10 render.