Adding footwear as an obj. with transfer utility and mesh smoothing - still distorted

Hi Daz Community, 

for about two days I am trying to append various pairs of footwear to a Genesis 8 Model as an obj, all of them have failed. I use the Transfer Utility option, incl Mesh smoothing but still then the Mesh is distorted after I apply a pose to the figure.  

I have tried the option with dforce Modifier: Dynamic Surface, as adding weight paint to it, but the result is the same. 

Thanks for your help in advance. 

Best regards, 

Screenshot 2021-01-05 172642.jpg
2782 x 1956 - 356K

Comments

• You will need to edit the weight maps on the shoes, at the moment the toes are being posed separately (possibly more than they should when in shoes)and that is causing the nearby areas of the shoe to move under the influence of the projected weights, but those are not right for a continuous surface.

• Hi Richard Haseltine, 

thanks for your quick reply. I have tried your recommendation of editing the weights. I have tried multiple options one after the other, all have failed. 

1. Editing the Weights on the Shoes prior use of the Transfer Utility .
    2. Editing the Weights on the Shoes after use of the  Transfer Utility .
    3. Editing the Weights on the Toesprior use of the Transfer Utility as well after. 

None of it helped. How could be avoided that the toes deform the mesh at all?

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2021-01-05 183856.jpg
    3840 x 2100 - 591K
    Screenshot 2021-01-05 184315.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 699K
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,200

I have never tried to make footwear.

But in my view you have first to transfer rigging to the shoes, and then do weightpaint on the bones in the shoes, so that the individual toes have no weight, i.e it will move together even if you move one toe.

• felis said:

I have never tried to make footwear.

But in my view you have first to transfer rigging to the shoes, and then do weightpaint on the bones in the shoes, so that the individual toes have no weight, i.e it will move together even if you move one toe.

Yes, although with a softer shoe like this you might not want to fully eliminate the toe weights, just smooth the transitions and perhaps limit their effect on the lower part of the shoe.