Why can't you complete animations anymore?

I am trying to finish an animation but I cant export it, I searched for instructions on how to do it but the instruction says to go to render, render settings then go to the make a movie section but this does not exist. Do I need an addon to finish this or is there just no way to complete animations anymore?

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

Define "finish". Define "complete".

• VolvoB10MVolvoB10M Posts: 134
    edited January 2021

What do to say if I can't say those words? I was just asking how to render an animation since the only instructions i could find are not correct as there is no "make a movie" box on the render tab.

Post edited by VolvoB10M on
  • In the Render Settings pane's Editor tab, in the General group, what settings do you have? You should have Render Type, which defaults to Still Image but also offers Image Series and Movie (Image Series is the best option, though you do then need to use another application to turn the images into a movie).

I only have the one button for a still image

rend.PNG
    521 x 463 - 28K
  • It's the Editor tab you want.

edited January 2021

I can't find anything to do with animations on the Editor tab, I can't post screenshots anymore because it is needing me to edit the code of the upload which I can't do. The options in General are: Dimension Preset (Global), Pixel Size, Aspect Ratio (Global), Constrain Proportion (Global), Image Name, Image Path, Auto Headlamp, Post Process Script.

Post edited by VolvoB10M on
  • It should be between Constrain Proportion and Image Name. Try clicking the Defaults button at top-right.