Having trouble saving a wearables preset.

...had to perform a number of manual adjustments to one clothing product (Boho for G3F) ot get it to fit a character properly as it would load in too low on the character (not sure why).

In order to use the outfit at a later time with the character, without having to redo all the adjustments again, I decided to save the blouse and skirt each as separate wearable presets (as both required different adjustments) but ran into several issues.  

First, when I try to save any preset, the path defaults to D:/Daz3D/Studio/LIbrary/Presets which cannot be accessed from the Content tab (I have a slightly different library/runtime set-up to make it easier to find items thanks to the lack of file naming conventions). So, I created a new "Wearbles" folder in D:/Daz/Studio4/LIbrary so it would show up in the content tab.  When I saved the blouse, in the pane showed the entire character, not just the blouse. I clicked save, it but when I tested to see if it would load properly, a duplicate of the entire character loaded in, not just the clothing item. Also, when I tired doing the same with the skirt, it didn't show up in the Save Options panel and when I clicked save, Daz crashed. 

Working with the 4.12.0.47 beta.

So how do I get just the clothing item to save without the character? 

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,919
    It is not intuitive, but you need to select the character, not the clothing, in the scene when you save a wearable preset.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937

....did that, however when I clicked on the Boho Blouse preset, a copy of the character loaded in with it.  Clicking on the Skirt preset loaded yet another copy ("LeelaHD (3)). 

Still not sure what is triggering the fit issues to begin with (I posted about this here month ago). The character is G3F,  the Clothing is for G3F.  On the product page it specifies a pose set not a figure as a requirement (which I find odd), but in the description mentions those poses are required to use certain morphs but also that the dress will work independently without them (I manually adjust the bones in the skirt when posing).

I did a few tests, including loading it onto the base G3F, onto the Molly Character (which is only character/figure base I used), on Tween Julie who is a more youthful figure not much different from Leela, and Zev0's Lilly "Tween" shape  and it fit perfectly to each one. The last one is interesting as I also use a bit of the Growing Up Morphs in  Leela's design so that isn't the cause of the conflict.

Really don't want to have to build the character from scratch yet again.

• mjpnetmjpnet Posts: 0

I ran into the same problem.

I discovered something you can do. Instead of saving the clothing item as a wearable preset, you will have to save it as a scene subset.