Dforce does not goes down, how to solve?

Hi,

I love to play with dforce, especial to crate real like clothes movement.

But I have it multiple times with pants or undies, that when I wanna let them just fall down, like they are undressed or throwed on a stack, they fly to the side O_o

like here:

I have no windnode active, so why does it fly to the right?

I prepared it as good  as possible to let it just dropp down:

I just wanted that if falls down and flatten a bit :/

Any ideas?

I did try to use a wind node to blow it down, but then it just explodes instant and well, doesnt work.

2021-01-04 14_04_18-001162.jpg
1196 x 832 - 51K
2021-01-04 14_06_42-001163.jpg
995 x 691 - 43K

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited January 2021

Dforce often isn't the issue. Problems of simulation comes from the bad wireframe of some clothes sold on the store. Those objects, even when exported to Marvelous Designer, can't be simulated properly because of a bad topology. 

If that's the case with the meshes you're using here, the only solution would be to export those meshes to 3DS Max, Zbrush, etc. Check their topology, fix it, then run the simulation again.

No matter how good a soft-body algorithm is, it won't be able to compute properly if the object hasn't been modeled cleanly. 

Eventually, tell me which bundles you're using here (Shoes, pants and underwear). And I'll try to run the scene myself. It'll be easier this way to know what's wrong. Or post your scene somewhere so that someone can test it.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    edited January 2021

the underpants are from OOT Intimates for G8M, the best undies for man so far I know^^.

I only wanted to simulate them, I use them most times, for my G8 boys.

I did now moved all with meshgrabber and... yeah, I hope its acceptable ;)

Looks ok in the render background.

The pants are premade Laundry clothes, which I did just recolor a bit. Its from the Laundry Day set, which offer some preset, sadly it doesnt have boy briefs, just girl ones but too ladylike from the design, even if I redesign it, the geometry is too girllike.

2021-01-04 16_24_45-001165.jpg
    277 x 179 - 10K
    Post edited by Loony on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,523
    edited January 2021

I have had similar issues with quite a few bits of clothing, all moving in the +X direction. Offhand, I do remember it happening to several freebies by guy91600 on Rendo and the Camisole Top in OOT's Megawardrobe, as well as Jim Burton's Las Vegas Hair converted to G8F.

The OOT Megawardrobe T Shirt worked well as did short shorts ( https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/freestuff/short-shorts-for-g8f/79654 ) both of which could be re-textured and look appropriate for males if in a crumpled heap.

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

thanks for your input.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited January 2021

Gluck.

Post edited by hansolocambo on