Gallery

Hey everyone,

Gallery coming soon....obviously not, but can anyone please tell me when its expected ?

or,

Could someone maybe give me a link to the the gallery issue thread, please?

Thank you

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,049

there is no thread, they keep getting locked of deleted and a link to an obscure post in the general issues thread being given

a sticky on the topic would help solve this but who am I to say cheeky

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2021

kylumi said:

Hey everyone,

Gallery coming soon....obviously not, but can anyone please tell me when its expected ?

or,

Could someone maybe give me a link to the the gallery issue thread, please?

Thank you

The original thread, when store changes were announced.   First post states that Gallery will be delyaed.   https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/446771/a-new-store-will-come-out-tomorrow-2020-11-01/p1

Link to the latest post DAZ_Rawb made on the issue    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6328456/#Comment_6328456

DAZ_Rawb said:

Even though Richard was correct in locking this thread because it had gone so far off the rails it had become a seafaring vessel, I'll still pop in and add a little gallery update.

We thought before the store transition that the gallery was like the forums, because it sat on it's own server running a webserver and a database server and all that sort of stuff we just thought we would proxy the requests through like we do the forums. Instead it turns out the gallery was built like some form of the code equivalent of vogon poetry. Parts of it were embedded in the store, other parts were running on it's own server and entangled through a bunch of undocumented endpoints and API calls.

So, instead we are rebuilding the galleries and should be making it look and feel a lot nicer, but also adding some small but very helpful functionality to spruce up the galleries. The old images and comments should be imported automatically, so no worries on the old data either. I don't have a firm commitment on the date when we are releasing it but it should out soon after the holidays are over.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • kylumikylumi Posts: 305

Thank you for the feedback.....