dForce Not Working at All -- SOLVED!!!

melaniemelanie Posts: 779

I looked through the posts and can't find anything about this, but ever since I upgraded to DS 4.14, I can't get dForce to work at all. It just sits there and does nothing. Nothing drapes on clothing, hair just sticks out all over the place, and it hangs up and won't do a thing. Is this something anyone else has had happen, or is it just me? It seems my dForce items are useless if it won't simulate. I don't use the timeline because I don't know anything about how that works. I was always able to simulate just with the blue Simulate button in DS 4.12 and it turned out fine. But with 4.14, hothing happens.

Post edited by melanie on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Is there a device selected in the Advanced tab?

• melaniemelanie Posts: 779

I don't think I had anything selected. I'm on the wrong computer right now, so I can't do anything in DS until later. When I had DS 4.12, I didn't have anything selected and things simulated just fine, wtih some quirks that other people epxerience, such as explosions or things falling through objects like benches, but at least they did simulate. Now, my dForce does nothing. It just sits there as if it's freezing up. My sister is having the same problem with her dForce things her own computer. I thought maybe it was a quirk of the new 4.14 update.

• melaniemelanie Posts: 779

YAY! Thank you, Sevrin!!! I looked in Advanced and the wrong thing was selected. I can now dForce things!