Update of multiplane cyclorama

Grafx StudioGrafx Studio Posts: 93
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

At one time someone requested a update to multiplane cyclorama. If it would be updated what would you like to see updated to it?
Grafx Studio

Comments

• Handspan StudiosHandspan Studios Posts: 175
    edited December 1969

I'd like that. I did not think the mapping was ideal on the old one, you had to do really funky texture compressions to get a good look to it before. I would like it if the mapping was such that a normal landscape picture with the usual amount of foreground looked right when applied as a map. With the old one you had to have about 200x more foreground image than you were likely to have resource photos for. I would clone sand and stuff but it greatly limited what I could do by way of detailed foreground. I would have liked more of the little stand up parts too, like humps that could be mapped like dunes or hills. Maybe one for doing city scape buildings with more rectangular shapes to map. Maybe a short partial dome and a higher one for sky which could allow for atmospheric mapping, mist or clouds and stuff like that. I did like how simple it was though and maybe those suggestions are too far away from the original idea?

I made a coastal texture set for the old one but I could have done much better if the uv was more even or realistic, the bush props distorted textures for instance and the foreground issue I mentioned before was difficult with complex plant life.

Even very simple prop landscapes would be something I'd like to work with, especially of a human size scale. Like greeble trees (a trunk and branches with simple squares for leaf mapping) and simple hills and rocks with a path or river etc. I've seen them done for other programs more than for DS.