Character converter not working.

RiverSoft's Character Converter (G3F to G8F) not working.

Is it because it truly needs Studio 4.14? I'm still on 4.11 and 4.12.

Is it because it needs the Daz Library to be on C:\ drive? Mine is on E:\.

Character Converter Problem.jpg
1280 x 1024 - 581K

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,049

grab the 4.14 beta you can run that as well as an older release build

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

Well, perhaps the problem is that the items I have so far tried to convert are not really the right type of item to convert.

The item in my screenshot is the Tamara character, which is dirived from Teen Jose 7. So maybe that means that Tamara is actually not a full-fledged character, but instead a character preset requiring Teen Jose 7. Wheras Teen Jose 7 is a full-fledged character that Character Converter can convert.

And it could be that character presets like Tamara must be converted in Charater Converter's "scene mode" which is designed to convert character presets.

I don't know. How correct is my speculation here?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,049

dunno I don't own it blush

but many scripts and stuff do need later versions of DAZ so installing the beta is not a bad idea

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,225

She is a full character. Most of the time, they require the base to look like their promos, but can be used without the base or mixed with others.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

As the popup says, have you checked the log file?

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

Lissa_xyz said:

As the popup says, have you checked the log file?

Yep. The log file says a bunch of things I don't understand. It is of little use to me.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

You could try posting it.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 961

I see that you have selected the files that apply the partial morphs. I don't know if that will work. Have you tried converting the full character file itself? That is how I usually do it. And also note, it can take a VERY long time (hours) to convert if you have selected the Convert JCM tab in the Options menu. I turn that off and things go much quicker (20-30 minutes).

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 961

Also, RiverSoftArt has a support thread for this product in the Commericial Products forum. They reply very quickly and provide awesome support.